Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hunjher Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2008, 10:44 AM
    Commercial cleaning
    Once I get them on the phone what should I say?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2008, 02:37 PM
    Is this concerning cold-calling customers? Or, have you placed ads and the customers are calling you because of responding to ads or maybe a referral by someone else? It would be helpful to have a little more information as to what this is concerning in order to answer your question better. Thanks!
    hunjher Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2008, 06:41 PM
    A cold call
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2008, 02:53 AM
    There are quite a few sites that are devoted to the subject of cold calling customers. Here are links to some of them.

Cold Calling : Sell : How To : Eric Wolfram's Writing

recruiter: "Does Cold Calling Work?"

What Not To Say When Cold Calling | Oxygen Internet Webs Design

And, the following quote is from the site A Career In Sales .com - How to Write an Effective Cold Calling Script

The Script Formula

Ask for the prospect by name.

Say hello. "Hi! Ms. Prospect" or "Hi Jane."

Identify yourself and your company. "My name is ______. My company is _____."

Say what you do (sound bite). Position yourself as the expert. Use phrases like "we specialize in..." or "our reputation is..." "we are known for..." You can also do some name dropping of credentials here.

Articulate benefits. Success stories are a terrific way to point out benefits.

Ask for what you want-an introductory meeting. "I would like to meet with you..." "I would like to introduce myself, my company, my product..." "I need 10 minutes of your time." "Is this Thursday good or would next Thursday be better?"
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jan 13, 2008, 11:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    There are quite a few sites that are devoted to the subject of cold calling customers. Here are links to some of them.

Cold Calling : Sell : How To : Eric Wolfram's Writing

recruiter: "Does Cold Calling Work?"

What Not To Say When Cold Calling | Oxygen Internet Webs Design

And, the following quote is from the site A Career In Sales .com - How to Write an Effective Cold Calling Script
    Excellent response Clough,

I would only add that one should (if given the opportunity) to ask as many questions as possible. Yes, most sales people do this when interest is expressed by the prospect but remembering that they receive many calls of this nature we need to find if they are having problems presently that we can resolve with our service.

Some examples:

"Are happy with your present service?"

"Is there something that you expected from your service that you are presently not getting?"

"Knowing what you do now....would you re-hire your present service company?"

Questions that get your prospect thinking... and gets to the point... using your service.
    Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Commercial cleaning bidding [ 5 Answers ]

When bidding on cleaning contracts how do you determine how much you charge (per square foot)? You want to be the lowest but not so low that you're working for free

Commercial Cleaning Bid [ 1 Answers ]

I am starting my own commercial cleaning business and I do not know how much to charge. I have a proposal in mind but I have never written a bid before. I do not know what the other cleaning companies are charging. How much should I charge for a 2500 sq feet building in the suburbs of AZ?

Commercial Cleaning [ 1 Answers ]

I am interested in starting my own cleaning business with someone that I work with now but we both work under someone else.We have a chance to pick up a very big job but we are not licensed and bonded.I live in Marion county, Florida and was told that you do not have to be licensed.How do I go...

Commercial Cleaning Company [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell what is the best way to gain commercial building contracts. We are a company that is venturing into commercial cleaning services. We do offices, churches, clinincs, daycares, etc. We have been in this area for about 2 years and have some contracts but we need to grow faster.

View more questions Search