Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cat512 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2007, 03:43 PM
    My period is late but negative tests!
    Hello -

I am 25 and trying to get pregnant have not stressed about it at all. This month is so weird though Ihad my period on the 24 of January with spotting 4 days before. My cycle is always 31-36 days long and I am on day 37 but my period was supposed to be on the 26 of February. I use MyMonthlyCycle.com and they are always right on to when it is to come. Well I am late and not spotting but bad back pain and cramping randomly through the day. My boobs are huge today and nipples have been bohtering me on and off.I took a home pregnancy test yesterday morning negative and then took one a the doctors office (urine) also negative. I have not talked to the doctor yet to see what she thinks but will tomorrow. I wanted to know what you all thought :)

Could I still be pregnant?
    heather83 Posts: 92, Reputation: 4

Mar 1, 2007, 03:57 PM
    You could wait a week and take another urine test, but if your still not convinced, go to the doctor and have them do a blood test. It's a lot more accurate. Good Luck!
    SingleMom7105 Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Mar 1, 2007, 04:00 PM
    Hey, one sure way you can tell if you are pregnant. Look at the areola, the brown area around the nipple. Is it darker then usual? Most women I talk to noticed this one thing.

Like heather83 said you can also wait another month and take the test again. Its too early to tell right now.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2007, 04:04 PM
    As stated, blood test is more accurate.

And it might just be, if you are pregnant. Which you may not be, that your hormone levels are too low. They double something like every other day... I forget the number. J_9, our health expert, could probably tell you the rate.

Anyway, in the meantime act like you are. Take a good multi-vitamin and talk to the doc. You'll know soon enough.

Mar 2, 2007, 08:44 AM
    I think it has started. So I am guessing I am not pregnant :( but at least I know!

Mar 2, 2007, 08:45 AM
    Oh I will keep you all posted :)

Mar 6, 2007, 08:18 AM
    Just so you all know I found out I was pregnant last night!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 6, 2007, 08:28 AM
    Congratulations CAT!! I am sure you are excited!!
    heather83 Posts: 92, Reputation: 4

Mar 6, 2007, 11:45 AM
    YAY! Congratulations!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Over 2 weeks late but Pregnancy tests are negative [ 22 Answers ]

My periods are very regular but I am over two weeks late. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for over 6 months. I have taken several home tests and they are negative. I also went to my doctor last week for a routine pap and she said my urine test was negative. Is it possible that...

Missed period bt negative tests [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 21 and have had regualr period now for years, me and my boyfriend have unprotective sex due to trying to have a baby. I should have come on 4th feb but I have not seen any sign of my period yet. I have all the symptoms such as missed period, tender and enlarged breasts, nausea, weight gain and...

Late period negative tests [ 6 Answers ]

My period is over two weeks late. I have had 5 urine tests and one blood test all negative for pregnancy. We did briefly use the pull out method on nov 26th and dec 1st. My last period was nov 17th or 18th. I just saw the gyn yesterday and they did pee test 5 on me. She said to repeat the pregnancy...

Missed Period All pregnancy Tests Negative! [ 4 Answers ]

Hi... I came off the pill back in November when I had my last period! As my husband and I hope to conceive. I was due a period on the 21st of December but no sign... I have done three tests all negative! I have also been to my doctor with no help!! I'm worried as I am having my wisdom teeth out...

Missed Period for 2 months but tests are NEGATIVE [ 18 Answers ]

Hello, Iam 22 and Iam really nervouse and scared.. Iam married but me and my husband began to use condoms instead of any birth control pill or patches. Before I got married and began to use the Ortha Evora Patches I sometimes had irregular periods( I wouldn't get it for weeks or even a few...

View more questions Search