Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JELLYTM Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2007, 06:35 PM
    Depreciation Methods
    A company purchases a freezer which costs 135,650.00. Should the machine be depreciated under the MARCS at 10 years life and would I depreciate under the 150% or the straight-line? I am having some difficulty understanding what the best method of depreciation would be and why. Is the Straight-Line method best used for tax purposes?
    CheriNC Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2007, 05:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JELLYTM
    A company purchases a freezer which costs 135,650.00. Should the machine be depreciated under the MARCS at 10 years life and would I depreciate under the 150% or the straight-line? I am having some diffculty understanding what the best method of depreciation would be and why. Is the Straight-Line method best used for tax purposes?
    I work with fixed assets for several companies, I am not an expert, but most of our assets like this are SL/half year convention and would depreciate for a useful life of 8 years by our methods... Good Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depreciation Methods [ 3 Answers ]

On January 1, 2003, Eiger Company Purchased A New Piece Of Machinery. The Machine Cost $200,000. Optional Equipment For The Machine Was Also Purchased At A Cost Of $14,000. The Manufacturer Charged $1,400 To Install The Option. The Estimated Life Of The Machine Was 7 Years And The Estimated...

Arc welding methods [ 2 Answers ]

I see electric welds with names that leave me wondering if I'm missing out on something I should have in my shop. What do the terms "flux", "mig" etc mean and what are the features of them? Thanks! Lonnie

Methods [ 2 Answers ]

Could anyone please help me to find the following: drawing tests and those ones on determination of the meaning of life and death to conduct the research into psychology of gender in family man and woman, as well as self-appraisal measures (Budassi?), semantic differences method (Individual...

Depreciation Methods [ 1 Answers ]

On January 1, 2003, Eiger Company Purchased A New Piece Of Machinery. The Machine Cost $200,000. Optional Equipment For The Machine Was Also Purchased At A Cost Of $14,000. The Manufacturer Charged $1,400 To Install The Option. The Estimated Life Of The Machine Was 7 Years And The Estimated...

View more questions Search