Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slmingle Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2011, 05:32 PM
    How can I get a copy of my college transcript if the college has closed?
    How can I get a copy of my college transcript if the school has closed?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 18, 2011, 05:35 PM

Are you in the U.S. Colleges and such that close send their files to another college for storage or to the state's board of ed.

Which state?

Mar 18, 2011, 05:43 PM
    Yes I am in the state of Ga, how do I found out which college is storaging the files for Savannah River College formerly Kerr Business College located in Augusta. The way the weather feels I think Spring is already here. Lol
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 18, 2011, 08:18 PM

Welcome, yes here in Atlanta, it was hot today, we had all the doors and windows open today. Even running the air conditioner right now.

But you need to start with the Dept of Education, to see if they have a record of the school and what happened to the records. Sadly on some private schools, when they close, they just box up the records and put them in storage never to be seen again.

They closed in 2009 after the Dept of Education held up funding of student loans.

The college is really called Savannah River College and Ker Business college was part of that school.

The President of the School is Darryl Kerr and in his last interview on the school closing, said that you merely needed to contact the school on its web site for transcripts ( the web site is not working now of course)

Also there was complaints from my search even going back as far as 2008 when the school was still open about people not getting transcripts.

So again I would start with the Dept of Education

Side note, both colleges were shown owned by Dennis Kerr Enterprises which was incorported in LA not GA.

Both Darryl and Dennis Kerr is showing as President of the schools at various times.

Also it appears the Kerrs have owned schools in AL and also LA
    Ascension College in Gonzales Louisiana is one of them.
    They are all closed from what I can find.

Mar 21, 2011, 06:16 PM
    Thank you, your answer were every helpful.
    TheJet81 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2011, 03:23 PM
    California
    TheJet81 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2011, 03:28 PM
    I attended travel and trade career institute in long beach, California. I'm trying to get my transcripts, but the school is closed. How do I go about getting those transcripts?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get my college transcript from gadsden business college when its closed down [ 2 Answers ]

Trying to get transcript from GBC, but have been told the school has closed and when I call the phone just rings. I really needs this document asap! Any info would be very helpful!!

Closed college transcript [ 1 Answers ]

I am christobell and want to ask you about getting my transcript from a closed college that I had attended in 1969. The name of the college was Peninsula Business College in Newport News, Virginia. I need this transcript for a job.

Transcript from Closed College [ 1 Answers ]

Need to obtain an official transcript from a closed college, Armstrong University (formerly Armstrong College) in Oakland California.

View more questions Search