Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cj1129 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2007, 11:45 AM
    USB adapter for notebook?
    My mom has an older laptop that does not have a USB port. Is there an adapter that can be purchased to be able to use USB line to modem?
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

May 22, 2007, 11:59 AM
    What do you mean by USB line to modem?

Are you trying to connect a modem to your laptop via USB?

What kind of modem is this? DSL? Cable? You should use an ethernet connection instead.

In any case, you need to find a PC card / PCMCIA usb adapter. Like this for example.
    cj1129 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2007, 12:43 PM
    Thanks for the help. The USB line that came with the DSL modem (from the internet service provider) is what I meant. It also has the ethernet line with the modem. However, there is no place to plug either one into the notebook. It has plug-ins for a mouse, printer, etc. but no USB port or ethernet plug-in.

I assume the adapter you mentioned will do the trick. Thanks again!
    azhagesh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2007, 01:43 AM
    Why do you have to connect your USB to an extension cord if it can work when plugged in directly?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Netgear USB Adapter [ 1 Answers ]

I have two USB adapters and cannot get either to work. I know I may be a little dense. I am trying to link a Laptop (which has its own adapter) to my PC and thereby to my Printer, but I give up!!

Which notebook? [ 3 Answers ]

hi, need some guidance. Daughter's going to college and is buying an entry level notebook, narrowed down to two- 1) toshiba a85- s107 and 2) compac presario m2105 us. compac- With a 15" display, wireless capabilities and combo drive, the Compaq Presario M2105US notebook gives you the...

USB - PS2 (p/s2) adapter [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I have a laptop with XP and a dancemat which I use with it by using a USB-PS2 adapter - effectively the dancemat is a keyboard. This works fine with an old adapter of a friend which has the words "AWG space shuttle-c CSA LL80671 AWM IIA/B 80 degrees c 30" written on the wire. I bought a new...

Cleaning notebook [ 1 Answers ]

My toshiba notebook has a metallic finish. Where I rest my palm when I write a dark patch has developed.I can't get rid of it. Is it oxidation? Do you know how to make my laptop shiny again?

View more questions Search