Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zinnia Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Apr 26, 2005, 05:40 AM
    Tinsy lumps
    On the entry to my cervix there are a couple of tiny weeny lumps (on the 'nose' like bit inside). They've been there a while, a few months, maybe more. I've had them checked out but the nurse couldn't feel anything. I think its because they have to wear those gloves. I mentioned that and she double checked. Still nothing.

I'm still concerned because I don't have an explanation. You hear so much about being scared of lumps. I don't really want to go back about seemingly nothing, nobody likes being checked out like that, but if its something to be worried about, which is what I'm worrying about...

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Star_Girl_123 Posts: 33, Reputation: 3

Apr 26, 2005, 09:30 PM
    Safe than Sorry
    Hey

If you can't stop worrying about them I would try have them examined again and if they are nothing to worry about try to get an explanation as to what they are.

With all the information that gets sucked into our brains about bumps and lumps, it seems it's usually better to be safe than sorry.

If you're going to a good doctor, they should tell you that it is good to be concerned about anything like that, and always to be on the lookout.

Hope that helps

Star :)
    zinnia Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Apr 27, 2005, 11:31 AM
    Thanks but
    Hi Star

Unfortunately I'm in rural France and still learning French so communication is not easy. That's why I'm looking for some ideas and descriptions of what kind of things 'happen' down there... but thanks for the encouragement.
    senator Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2005, 05:13 AM
    ;) Now the cervix is not smooth and can feel a bit bumpy, but you should feel concerned if any of these tinsy lumps begin to hurt (on their own without any injury) or grow larger.

If either of these things happen, you should seek the advice of a physican as soon as possible.

For a good page on genital anatomy on the Internet, see: http://sexuality.about.com/od/genitalanatomy/
    lickemlolly Posts: 397, Reputation: 62

Jun 30, 2005, 05:33 PM
    These could be hpv... which in so many words are genital warts.. sound gross but totally harmless and can fade and reappear in different places..
    senator Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2005, 06:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lickemlolly
    these could be hpv...which in so many words are genital warts..sound gross but totally harmless and can fade and reappear in different places..
    Possibly, but they generally grow (not too large) and then become a bit painful before going away.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Painful underarm lumps [ 17 Answers ]

Good morning. I am a 41-year-old woman. My mother had cancer in her left breast and died of widespread metastatic bone cancer last year. I am religious with getting my annual physicals and mammograms and just had both in February. I am trying not to be paranoid however… A few weeks ago I noticed...

Lumps On Penis [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 21 and I have lumps all over my penis and the ball sack, They don't hurt at all, and some of them I can squeeze white stuff out of them. What are they? Can I do anything to get rid of them?

View more questions Search