Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2010, 06:18 AM
    Blocked calls
    I have received 2 blocked calls on 7/22 at 3:44 pm and yesterday, 7/28 at 6:34 pm.

I did not answer the call on 7/22 but I did yesterday. I said 'Hello?' twice but I got just silence for a few seconds and then the caller hung up. I have a strong feeling on who it is.

If I ever were to find out the blocked number, what can I do as far as the legal aspect of it?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jul 29, 2010, 06:34 AM

You're sure you're not a blonde?
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2010, 06:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AK lawyer View Post
    You're sure you're not a blonde?
    Brunette actually.

Is there something wrong with my question?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jul 29, 2010, 07:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE View Post
    Brunette actually.

Is there something wrong with my question?
    No, I apologize. I just was unable to grasp any "legal issue" here. It's more of a technical issue, in my opinion, that you might want to take up with your phone company.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 29, 2010, 07:54 AM

If you are getting harassing calls (and two calls is not enough) you can report it to your phone company and they can present evidence to the police. They will not give you any information identifying the caller.
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2010, 08:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    if you are getting harassing calls (and two calls is not enough) you can report it to your phone company and they can present evidence to the police. They will not give you any information identifying the caller.
    Thank you for your response, ScottGem.

After receiving the second call yesterday, I told myself enough is enough. So, I signed up with a program that catches blocked calls. It really works too.

How many times does a person have to call for it to be considered harassment? If this person calls a third time, I will know who it is this time.

Jul 29, 2010, 09:49 AM

Does this service just block blocked calls from ringing through?

While you may strongly suspect who is calling, I doubt if you have real proof.
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2010, 10:12 AM
    Does this service just block blocked calls from ringing through?

While you may strongly suspect who is calling, I doubt if you have real proof.
    This service catches a block call, meaning the number will be revealed once I hit the 'reject' button on my phone.

Jul 29, 2010, 10:47 AM

And you are saying this service works? I don't know how it can work. Numbers are blocked on the calling end. The only ones that can see through a block are government services like 911 centers.
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2010, 11:04 AM
    And you are saying this service works? I don't know how it can work. Numbers are blocked on the calling end. The only ones that can see through a block are government services like 911 centers.
    Check it out: trapcall.com

I tested it and it works like it says it would. If a caller were to hit *67, I think that may be a different kind of blocking.

Jul 29, 2010, 11:26 AM

Hmm, interesting. I wonder how long before this loophole is plugged.

I've always thought that Caller ID should not be blockable. But I understand that there are a small number of people (as one of the reviews mentions) that do need to keep their number private. But those privacy advocates hamstrung Caller ID because of that.
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2010, 11:35 AM

I know it doesn't sound legit but so far it's worked for me.

I do believe (but don't quote me) that a cell phone dialing *67 is traceable through this service (trapcall.com) but a company may not be.

Jul 29, 2010, 11:51 AM

The TrapCall works, is they grab the number use it to call an 800 number, which does not allow calls to be blocked and read the number that way. Then forwards the number back to the recipient.

Of course this means the call rings longer which could let a caller know this may be happening.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I Unlock blocked calls? [ 4 Answers ]

I always seem to get a call from "UNKNOWN" about every day and they will say harassing things about things like sex and other things and how they know my address and all that stuff and a was wondering how to unlock the unknown callers number.

Blocked or Restricted Number Calls [ 2 Answers ]

IF someone is calling you from a blocked number, is there a way to find out who they are?

Blocked Calls [ 1 Answers ]

There was a person who kept calling me and saying rude things on the phone. I called the cops and asked them what they could do about it and they said to contact my phone company. I called Metro PCS and they told me that there is no way they could get the number of the person who was calling me. Is...

Read topics; still puzzled.blocked vent or blocked drain [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: Hi all. I just bought a ranch with a crawl space. My waste drain begins at my washer machine, past the kitchen sink, pass the bathroom tub and ties in with the main sewer line with the toilet and vent stack at the back of the main drain before it exits to the street at the front side...

Blocked calls [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a way to block an incoming call on a cell phone? So you wouldn't even know the person was calling?

View more questions Search