Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2012, 06:06 AM
    Auto Insurance Policy
    When the agent writes the policy he gets a commission. But what about every time
    The policy is renewed ? Is it just a one time commission?? Or does it recur.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2012, 06:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pastor1189 View Post
    When the agent writes the policy he gets a commission. But what about every time
    the policy is renewed ? Is it just a one time commission??? or does it recur.
    That would be deternined by their contract with the insurance company.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 4, 2012, 06:33 AM
    That depends on the company, some agents are actually salary employees and no not make commission. Other agents are merely sales people for a agency, and they do not make renewals every time.

If the agent is directly licensed by the auto insurance company ( not a sub agent under another agent) they will normally make 7 to 15 percent of the amount paid, and receive this every time it is paid, This is done because the agent often has servicing duties
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2012, 06:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    That depends on the company, some agents are actually salary employees and no not make commission. Other agents are merely sales people for a agency, and they do not make renewals every time.

If the agent is directly licensed by the auto insurance company ( not a sub agent under another agent) they will normally make 7 to 15 percent of the amount paid, and receive this every time it is paid, This is done because the agent often has servicing duties
    Example is State Farm
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2012, 08:40 AM
    Thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Auto insurance policy number APM [ 4 Answers ]

Looking for the insurance company with this number APM494-2441

Looking for insurance policy no 9929780 insurance company he have [ 2 Answers ]

Prairie land/federated insurance campany ineed to get this insurance campany

Two health insurance policy for surgery and 2nd insurance not paying [ 1 Answers ]

Had hysterictomy in 08, In 09 got a bill from hospital saying 2nd insurance withdrew 2k stating that was my portion or my copay. Is this right? I tried to appeal and the insurance is sticking to it. My primary ended up paying 16k to the 2nd insurance only paying 600. What are my options. I have...

Auto Policy Number [ 0 Answers ]

I am an insurance agent with an insured who was hit by someone with a policy number "HHI565***". Any idea what insurance company this may be? Police report is useless! Thanks!

View more questions Search