Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jamc714 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2011, 05:51 AM
    Infection
    I have an Absest tooth and the infection has spread to my throat, went to DR. and was prescribed Antibiotics (Penicillin) and the swelling has not went down after having taken it for 5 days now. The pain has gotten worse and it hurts to drink, eat, and talk. I need the infection to go away so I can have this tooth pulled. Any advice?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 13, 2011, 06:14 AM

It's an abscessed tooth. Abscess: Causes, Symptoms, Tests, and Treatment

Call the Doctor and explain the problem. Your medication may be changed OR five days is not enough time to reduce the infection.

Unfortunately there is no quick, "magic" cure.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2011, 04:31 PM
    I'd suggest you go to emergency and have them take a look. You should have noticed the swelling starting to go down after 5 days.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Infection? [ 1 Answers ]

I had a tooth extraction yesterday and today I feel feverish sluggish and chills what should I do

Infection? [ 1 Answers ]

I've been married for 6 months and lately I've observed that I've continuous white discharge and my vaginal part is always wet 24/7 .Is something wrong.. one of friends told me that it a sign of infection.What is it actually.should I consult a doctor?

Is it an infection? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, For the last few days I have been itchy around my genitals. I have not noticed any swelling or rash nor is there any foul smell. My boyfriend has confirmed that he does not seem to find anything abnormal. This led me to critically look at my vagina and the only thing I noticed is that the...

Possible infection [ 2 Answers ]

I just noticed a whitehead of pus on one of my dog's nipples. Could it be serious?

View more questions Search