Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 23, 2020, 05:51 PM
    If you are too weak to resist the lure of sex then that's YOUR problem but you better have diapers and bon bons when you go a visiting. JL, you should scroll down and seek the sources for your stats before you start an argument on such trivia. I ony used PP because that's the one you know of the 3 or 4 that account for abortions. You just keep preaching and get those clinics closed then there will be no more reporting like it was before. Just can't believe there are literally many millions of abortions nation wide that you know nothing about. If that's your peeve then have at it and good luck. Ironic that out of wedlock babies are your peeve too, and since the price of milk and diapers is rising sturdily you better cough up more loot.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2020, 06:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    If you are too weak to resist the lure of sex then that's YOUR problem but you better have diapers and bon bons when you go a visiting. JL, you should scroll down and seek the sources for your stats before you start an argument on such trivia. I ony used PP because that's the one you know of the 3 or 4 that account for abortions. You just keep preaching and get those clinics closed then there will be no more reporting like it was before. Just can't believe there are literally many millions of abortions nation wide that you know nothing about. If that's your peeve then have at it and good luck. Ironic that out of wedlock babies are your peeve too, and since the price of milk and diapers is rising sturdily you better cough up more loot.
    so let me get this straight, you are ok with the murder of millions of american babies while whining about how Trump will not let in millions of hispanic (babies), I think your priorities are in that place where the sun don't shine
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2020, 07:57 PM
    JL, you should scroll down and seek the sources for your stats before you start an argument on such trivia. I ony used PP because that's the one you know of the 3 or 4 that account for abortions.
    How would you know what abortion clinics I know about? Besides, that's not what you said. You said, "and the only ones NOW are those reported by Planned Parenthood.." You simply misstated the truth.

You just keep preaching and get those clinics closed then there will be no more reporting like it was before.
    And again, you just don't get it. AG Institute does not rely on PP only. They get data from a variety of places.
    Just can't believe there are literally many millions of abortions nation wide that you know nothing about.
    So you are aware of millions of abortions that neither the AG Institute or CDC know nothing about? How remarkable. But if it makes you feel better that there are actually several million abortions nationally rather than 900, 000, then I don't know what to tell you. You are celebrating death. How bizarre.

Ironic that out of wedlock babies are your peeve too, and since the price of milk and diapers is rising sturdily you better cough up more loot.
    Funny how, for liberals, it's always someone else who needs to pay.
    Expert

Jan 24, 2020, 02:41 AM
    My link was from the AG Inst, have quoted them often over the years on this subject.

I don't celebrate abortions but accept the right of a female to choose and be safe about it. I even accept your view of it as murder and many do, so change the law and no doubt you are going to try and that's why we have the dufus as president because it's your priority, and anybody that can deliver that you are for. My point to you is you balk at taking care of those babies and whine about somebody else paying for it when last I checked everybody pays an equal share. It ain't just you. I do my part gladly you cheap crybaby.
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2020, 05:28 AM
    but accept the right of a female to choose and be safe about it. I even accept your view of it as murder
    So you support the right of a woman to have a doctor murder her unborn child? Doesn't that sound a bit strange?

that's why we have the dufus as president because it's your priority, and anybody that can deliver that you are for.
    Didn't you vote for Obama because you supported issues he could "deliver" on and tolerated his lying for that very reason?

My point to you is you balk at taking care of those babies and whine about somebody else paying for it when last I checked everybody pays an equal share. It ain't just you. I do my part gladly you cheap crybaby.
    My life was spent helping children and I'd gladly do it again. Everybody pays an equal share? Why do you keep dragging up that old story that has been thoroughly disproven over and over again? For "everybody" to pay an equal share, we'd first have to get "everybody" to pay something. At the present, half of income earners pay NOTHING. The top 20% pay nearly all of it. What is your proposal for everyone to pay an "equal share"?
    Expert

Jan 24, 2020, 05:46 AM
    People just ain't perfect and most of us just do the best we can with what we have, so lighten up with the soaring rehtoric of your own pet peeves because despite your position, people do have their own lives to manage. I think its rather small of you to denigrate those that are limited in there ability to share YOUR peeve and toe the line of what YOU want them to do.

So if I sound strange to you, just imagine how bonkers you sound to me sometimes. Okay...a LOT. It's all good because sooner or later we will find common ground on something. Obviously abortion isn't it, or taxes, or shared responsibility.
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2020, 05:52 AM
    People just ain't perfect and most of us just do the best we can with what we have, so lighten up with the soaring rehtoric of your own pet peeves because despite your position, people do have their own lives to manage. I think its rather small of you to denigrate those that are limited in there ability to share YOUR peeve and toe the line of what YOU want them to do..
    I'll remind you of this the next time you spend several hundred letters denigrating and trampling on the performance of Trump since he isn't perfect and doesn't share your peeve or toe the line of what YOU want him to do.

Might add that I have not denigrated those women who seek abortions so you need to be a little more thoughtful in your remarks. Now the doctors should be sent to jail for the rest of their lives. They know better.
    Expert

Jan 24, 2020, 09:21 AM
    Repubs should know better too! The more they allow the dufus to break the law, the more laws he will break. The more they defend him, the more they will have to defend him. Back to business as the House wraps up it's case, and the Prez gets his turn, lets get those witness lists together and get to the end of this thing with the FACTS!

Anything less would be a successful cover up.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 24, 2020, 10:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    So you support the right of a woman to have a doctor murder her unborn child? Doesn't that sound a bit strange?
    That baby gets born to a single mom. Then what happens to it? What about feeding it, housing it, caring for it especially IF mom finds a very likely low-paying job?
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2020, 01:04 PM
    Repubs should know better too! The more they allow the dufus to break the law, the more laws he will break. The more they defend him, the more they will have to defend him.
    You should know seeing that you did exactly that with Obama. That's my biggest contention with you. Your criticisms of Trump ring hollow since you let Obama do the same kind of things without so much as a peep of protest. For that matter, the whole deal with HC's toy email server was probably the greatest lapse of judgement I have heard of in many years. Now you will contend (of course) that she did nothing illegal. I didn't say it was illegal. I will say it was either titanically stupid and foolish, or there was some sort of devious purpose behind it that remains uncovered.

That baby gets born to a single mom. Then what happens to it? What about feeding it, housing it, caring for it especially IF mom finds a very likely low-paying job?
    I would not suggest that isn't a concern, but just killing the unborn baby is not the solution. That's why I contend (alone) that we need to press upon young women that getting pregnant out of wedlock is one evermore terrible idea. You seem too busy with your quest to have a government mandated program to sterilize all boys to get too excited over the most basic, common-sense idea on the table.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 24, 2020, 01:57 PM
    I would not suggest that isn't a concern, but just killing the unborn baby is not the solution. That's why I contend (alone) that we need to press upon young women that getting pregnant out of wedlock is one evermore terrible idea. You seem too busy with your quest to have a government mandated program to sterilize all boys to get too excited over the most basic, common-sense idea on the table.
    Ah, I see! You have no solution.

If you don't want people to get pregnant out of wedlock, you've got to do a lot more than "encourage them" not to and "press upon young women" not to. Those are the wimpiest and most ineffective solutions I've ever heard!
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2020, 02:10 PM
    Ah, I see! You have no solution.
    Only because you have your eyes closed. "Don't get pregnant out of wedlock!!"

If you don't want people to get pregnant out of wedlock, you've got to do a lot more than "encourage them" not to and "press upon young women" not to. Those are the wimpiest and most ineffective solutions I've ever heard!
    It's easy to be snide when you are too fearful to take any position yourself other than the terribly ridiculous and outrageous suggestion of sterilizing all American boys. You do realize how completely foolish and absurd that suggestion makes you look?

If you don't want us to "encourage" or "press upon" people not to engage in harmful activities, then should we stop the advertisements and campaigns against smoking, drug abuse, sexual abuse, or dropping out of high school? Are all of those encouragements the "wimpiest and most ineffective solutions" that you've heard? If not, then why are they different? Is it possible that you are really the wimpy one here for being afraid to discourage out of wedlock births for seemingly no other reason than it contradicts your feminist, liberal political ideals?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 24, 2020, 02:34 PM
    Only because you have your eyes closed. "Don't get pregnant out of wedlock!!"
    Your solutions are working so well.
    It's easy to be snide when you are too fearful to take any position yourself other than the terribly ridiculous and outrageous suggestion of sterilizing all American boys. You do realize how completely foolish and absurd that suggestion makes you look?
    It certainly would work better than your wimpy ways. Remember, a male can get innumerable females pregnant; a female can get pregnant only once by innumerable males.

P.S. The male sterilization is only temporary, so stop whining.
    If you don't want us to "encourage" or "press upon" people not to engage in harmful activities, then should we stop the advertisements and campaigns against smoking, drug abuse, sexual abuse, or dropping out of high school? Are all of those encouragements the "wimpiest and most ineffective solutions" that you've heard? If not, then why are they different? Is it possible that you are really the wimpy one here for being afraid to discourage out of wedlock births for seemingly no other reason than it contradicts your feminist, liberal political ideals?
    You see how well that's working for smoking, drug abuse, sexual activity and abuse. And you're a Christian???
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2020, 03:26 PM
    It certainly would work better than your wimpy ways. Remember, a male can get innumerable females pregnant; a female can get pregnant only once by innumerable males.
    Your stubborness is incredible. I have agreed on multiple occasions that we should tell boys to reserve sex for marriage. I would have thought that it would be a simple and short step to agree to tell women the same thing. Oh well. You have no answers. Shame.

P.S. The male sterilization is only temporary, so stop whining.
    Wow. You are seriously wanting the government to come in and force teen age boys to be sterilized, and you think it's OK because, after all, it's only temporary? How insane.

You see how well that's working for smoking, drug abuse, sexual activity and abuse. And you're a Christian???
    It's widely known that smoking is less prevalent than it was a few decades ago, so yeah that has worked. I am beyond astonished that you would be against campaigns to discourage drug abuse and sexual abuse. It's where your liberal persuasions have taken you. Sterilize the boys, and expect nothing out of the women. Words cannot express how glad I am that I do not accept that.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 24, 2020, 03:53 PM
    Your stubborness is incredible. I have agreed on multiple occasions that we should tell boys to reserve sex for marriage.
    And we see how well that has been working.
    I would have thought that it would be a simple and short step to agree to tell women the same thing. Oh well. You have no answers. Shame.
    Women's reproductive organs are a lot more complex than are men's. There are women on this site who have correctly used multiple forms of birth control and still got pregnant. With males, a temporary, reversible vasectomy is a good solution to not bringing unwanted babies into the world. We could even have a big party after the wedding ceremony when a male is unvasectomized!
    Wow. You are seriously wanting the government to come in and force teen age boys to be sterilized, and you think it's OK because, after all, it's only temporary? How insane.
    No, it would be a special ceremony with gifts and refreshments. The boy's family would be all for it so as to avoid future embarrassment and extra mouths to feed.
    It's widely known that smoking is less prevalent than it was a few decades ago, so yeah that has worked. I am beyond astonished that you would be against campaigns to discourage drug abuse and sexual abuse. It's where your liberal persuasions have taken you. Sterilize the boys, and expect nothing out of the women. Words cannot express how glad I am that I do not accept that.
    Lots of people still smoke. And now vaping is on the upswing. Go, nicotine!!!
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2020, 04:01 PM
    Women's reproductive organs are a lot more complex than are men's. There are women on this site who have correctly used multiple forms of birth control and still got pregnant. With males, a temporary, reversible vasectomy is a good solution to not bringing unwanted babies into the world. We could even have a big party after the wedding ceremony when a male is unvasectomized!
    Women who don't have sex don't get pregnant. Even that way, way more complex repro system follows that rule. But yes, I'm sure your idea is the way to go. Please, please, please get the dem nominee to advocate for that. We can call it, "Wondergirls' Remarkable Idea for National Birth Control." It would be a real winner!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 24, 2020, 04:10 PM
    Women who don't have sex don't get pregnant. Even that way, way more complex repro system follows that rule. But yes, I'm sure your idea is the way to go. Please, please, please get the dem nominee to advocate for that. We can call it, "Wondergirls' Remarkable Idea for National Birth Control." It would be a real winner!
    It sure is a lot easier to keep him from putting his body part where it doesn't belong.
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2020, 04:14 PM
    Like I said, I love your idea. I sincerely hope the dem nominee takes it up and runs with it. It'd be wonderful, Wondergirl!
    Expert

Jan 25, 2020, 03:57 AM
    Well JL, you have shot down and denigrated everybody on this subject, so I guess you win so preach on and close more clinics in your state. If there are any left. Actually I'm all for telling the youths to apply logic and protection but making them get married after the deed is done is a whole nuther ball game. I mean they've been preaching for thousands of years already, and abortions are still here as well as a few other things like prostitution, so to WG's point, how effective is all that preaching. Works with the choir, but the choir ain't as big or dedicated any more.

Takes a lot of dedication to keep preaching though, kudos for them, but the problem waxes and wanes but remains a problem. If you think more conservative judges is the answer, good luck with that, as that's been tried before too!
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2020, 06:57 AM
    Well JL, you have shot down and denigrated everybody on this subject.
    I've denigrated no person. I hope you're not trying to defend the odious idea of forced sterilization of teen aged boys. That idea deserves every ounce of denigration we can deliver. In fact I sincerely hope that WG is suggesting that as something of a joke.

Actually I'm all for telling the youths to apply logic and protection but making them get married after the deed is done is a whole nuther ball game.
    I would largely agree with that. Now if we could convince women to return to the idea, observed for thousands of years, of keeping their pants on until marriage, then the problem would be much reduced.

I mean they've been preaching for thousands of years already, and abortions are still here as well as a few other things like prostitution, so to WG's point, how effective is all that preaching. Works with the choir, but the choir ain't as big or dedicated any more.
    But that's true of many things. We preach against murder, yet we still have murders. We preach against rape, yet we still have rape. We preach against theft, violence, drug abuse, and human trafficking, and yet we still have all of those things. Can you see that your premise is wrong? You seem to say that since we still have abortion and out of wedlock births, then our preaching is futile, but how much greater a problem would those things be if no one opposed them? The greatest immorality I can imagine is for us to abandon the effort and just let it all run rampant. We all realize that we live in a sin infested world. It will never be perfect, but that does not mean we give up trying to protect life and make things better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Something we never thought a conservative government would do [ 5 Answers ]

At least not voluntarily Banking Royal Commission: Malcolm Turnbull announces inquiry We are going to have an inquiry into the practices of banks. There has long been a stink about the financial services industry with the banks being forced to compensate cheated customers and remove certain...

Conservative vs. Liberals [ 3 Answers ]

What is the basic difference between conservatives and liberals? Why do we see things so differently? I am posting here although the subject could be in the philosophy thread or the religion thread as it touches all of them. I am going to throw something out there for you to kick around. Of...

Conservative energy plan [ 20 Answers ]

My question is this: Why do conservatives take such a pessimistic approach when it comes to developing clean renewable energy? The problem I have with conservatives is that they claim patriotism but the things they promote makes me think don't have faith that we can figure this problem out. I...

Is McCain a 'modern' conservative? [ 1 Answers ]

Is it any wonder that the 'base' distrusts him? The Curious Mind of John McCain

Liberal to conservative, just like that! [ 33 Answers ]

It was years ago that I first heard this little story, and I just heard it re-told today, a little different of course, but the meaning still hit as hard as it did the first time I heard it. I just wonder what anyone's opinion of the story might be: A man was attending dinner at a friends...

View more questions Search