Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaspreet2142 Posts: 42, Reputation: 2

Nov 29, 2007, 07:30 PM
    Best firewall
    I just want your suggistion that which is the best firewall I can use.

Thanks in advance
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Nov 29, 2007, 08:18 PM
    If you're looking for a hardware firewall, a Cisco ASA will give you a lot of configuration options, and they support site to site VPNs. If you're looking for something less complicated, the Watchguard Firebox is pretty good (also a hardware firewall)
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2007, 08:22 PM
    I really like Comodo Firewall -- Best of all its FREE

Comodo™ Free Firewall Software Download

After you download it there is a learning process

It learns the sites you normally go to very soon

You check a box to remember -- and allow or deny access

What I like is the control panel allows you to block internet

I had Norton once -- memory hog -- many updates
    xphelper Posts: 220, Reputation: 29

Feb 16, 2008, 10:04 AM
    Read the results of independent firewall testing here:
    Firewall Leak Tester
    AnswerMan58 Posts: 8, Reputation: 4

Feb 16, 2008, 10:46 AM
    I've Used 'mcafee Security Suite' Problem Free On My Windows Xp System For Almost 3 Yrs. A Firewall Is An Essential Part Of Suite. The Cost Is About $75/yr. Updates To Latest Threats Can Come Multiple Times Per Day! These Auto Updates Are Of Course Part Of The Fee. 'norton Suite' Is Also Good. Some People Use Both Because Updates Can Be Faster Or Slower On A Given Threat. Mcafee Is Also Harder To Remove From Your System. If You Have Just Gotten Online With A New System Activate The Programs That Came With System In The Interem.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2008, 12:48 AM
    I'm sure this guy doesn't need a Cisco firewall, just use Windows's own firewall, it's smart enough to block malicious requests. The third-party proprietary firewalls load adware on your machine and employ annoying alerts that are impossible to turn off, it's not worth the trouble.

I do recommend you install PeerGuardian2. This is an open-source (i.e. complete free with no spyware) program, and a different kind of firewall. It blocks legitimate requests, as in requests that aren't meant to crash your internet connection or computer. You should definitely install this if you download torrents or are just up to no good. It'll block incoming requests from known corporations, agencies, and even governments and universities, essentially this is a privacy tool, but will also recognize bad requests as well, so it's a security feature in that sense. You can define which IP ranges you wish to block, which is really cool.
    jamesbraken Posts: 157, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2009, 03:18 AM

There are various firewall like Norton, PC tools, avg, Trand micro etc
    You can try one of them and that will work perfectly when if you keep updated and windows firewall too...
    Dont treadonme Posts: 115, Reputation: -6

Aug 3, 2009, 07:31 AM

Something than runs Cisco IOS would be great

Software firewalls are silly: they people marketed to do not possess the knowledge or the inclination to learn how to use one correctly

Of course that boat will contain no IOS fans either

ASA is outdated

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to configure firewall [ 1 Answers ]

How to configure firewall

Windows firewall [ 1 Answers ]

In my windows firewall under exceptions, I have 6 windows checked all for media connect. Is this OK or should I uncheck them? While I'm at this question concerning windows firewall what would happen if I were to uncheck all the boxes under exceptions? Thanks very much Do you need to update your...

Something desactivates my firewall [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I got messages from Av and anti spy sites informing me that I should download regestry cleaner and Av.. ALL the time. Each time I lock my firewall I no more receive those damned messages.But few seconds later my firewall is opened automatically and here we go again. WHY? ...

Firewall block [ 2 Answers ]

Can I block a computer user from accessing a specific website if I have a firewall conrol panel?

Firewall/antivirus [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me if they like or dislike the EZ Armor Security Software that comes with roadrunner? I have been trying to look at reviews but can't find any. Also, can anyone tell what they think of Trend Micro's firewall protection. I currently have this for my virus protection but wasn't...

View more questions Search