Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beta 101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2009, 02:02 PM
    Beta fish water trouble
    I just got I beta fish named star fire(star for short) and I don't know what kind of water to give him some people said that if you boil it and let it cool to room tempeture it will be okay for the fish but I'm not enterily sure please help!
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2009, 07:27 PM
    The best way to treat water for a Betta fish, and any fish, is to use a water conditioner to remove chlorine and chloramine and to neutralize heavy metals that may be present in the water.
    You can also allow water to sit out in an open container like a big bowl or bucket for 24 hours and the chlorine will evaporate making the water safe for the fish.
    Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Beta fish in goldfish bowl [ 16 Answers ]

Unfortunately the other day my Golden Dojo Loach died. I cleaned out his bowl and now sitting here looking at it(the empty bowl) makes me feel pretty sad. I've decide to get another fish but am wondering can beta fish live in fish bowls? A person at a pet store told me yes, but on the internet it...

Beta fish acting up? [ 10 Answers ]

:eek: Something's up with my Beta fish.. it's a male and I got it about a month ago.. he's been fine and healthy but these past 2 weeks about he hasn't been eating nearly as much as he used to... it seems to be gasping for air all the time but I don't think its choking since its been doing that for...

Beta Fish Water [ 3 Answers ]

I have a couple beta fish, one in each bowl and after I clean their bowls, I rinse the rocks and the bowl with just plain water and than put the fish in but ontop of the clean water a few days later a thin layer of this clear 'film' starts covering the top layer of water... what is that clear film...

Beta fish sick [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Buddah3, my office mate of 3 years, is sick. He had "pop eye" in one eye so I moved him into a new bowl and used mardel trisulfa - his "pop eye" went away. But he has not eaten since (3 weeks or so). He was hungery but could not get food in his mouth. It was as if he needed glasses...

Beta Fish [ 11 Answers ]

Hello: I got Beta just like this one, 1 week ago, his a cute little Beta Fish! I would like to know what kind of water does he need, for his little aquarium, for the moment I but at W-Mart a gallon of drinking water is that good? I would like to know, Any comments? OK here is my Beta Fish!

View more questions Search