Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dc10wa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2004, 10:33 PM
    DSL and wiring phone jacks
    I have phone svc through SBC and DSL stand alone through Qwest; was assigned a separate phone # for dsl svc and was told could not "piggyback" on same phone jack; trying to avoid paying $100 svc fee to qwest; have purchased separate jack but don't know what wires to attach where. Can anyone help?
    EVS Posts: 93, Reputation: 3

May 30, 2004, 10:59 PM
    DSL and wiring phone jacks
    Hi there

From what I know about DSL Connection, Yes you can connect a telephone into the same line but you pay per call. You cannot make separate calls unless you have a second line.

Regards
    Peanuts

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to change wiring on phone jack for DSL [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I need help! I have only one phone jack in room with computer. It is a separate line and number different from my home phone. I am getting DSL and will no longer need this separate number. When I cancel this number for cpu that line will be dead(I Think). I ordered my DSL on my regular...

Phone jack wiring [ 7 Answers ]

How do I convert jack that was used for a second line back to the primary line?

Connect Dead Phone Jacks [ 2 Answers ]

I've recently moved into a house, and only 2 of the 6 phone jacks work. I only have one line... I've already compared the "working" jacks to the non-working jacks, and they seem to have a similar configuration. The outside wires are all going to line one. Any ideas how to get these phone jacks...

Phone Wiring [ 6 Answers ]

Hi all, I'm new to this board and hopefully will find it helpful. I'm having a problem with the phones in my house. We have perfectly working phone jacks upstairs, but downstairs I'm having a problem. We had no problems at all until about a month ago. My phone is totally dead. However,...

Wiring phone jacks [ 3 Answers ]

I need to rewire a phone jack back to a different number. How do I do this? Any help appreciated.

View more questions Search