Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mower1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2010, 02:54 PM
    Roubleshooting a wizard AYP7143B69
    Lawn mower runs good but I have noticed that the blades don't seem to be engaging prperly. Started the year with new deck belt was cutting fine until recently. Acts like it does not have any pwer or not completing engaging blades. Thanks
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Aug 4, 2010, 01:06 PM

Hi,
    Check the place where the arm that has the idler that engages the blades(tensions the belt) pivots. I would bet that you will fing a rusty shoulder bushig that needs cleaning. Common problem and solution on those machines.
    Note: washing deck is not advised as it causes the above problem as well as bearing problems.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wizard [ 0 Answers ]

I have a free wizard mower AYP8186A79,I won't to start it but have no switch,as money is tight and this is a new hobby;i would like to jump out the switch before buying a replacement... any help would be gladdly received.

The Wizard of Oz. Suggestions? [ 5 Answers ]

My High school is doing the Wizard of Oz for its yearly play, and I was hoping for some suggestions from people who have some experience from this play. I'm not the director, but I am going to be helping her with a lot of this stuff and we need suggestions on sets, costume ideas, things like that....

Want to re-do the new hardware wizard [ 2 Answers ]

I incorrectly chose the automatic option rather than browse (have disk) option when the new hardware wizard popped up after attaching a device via a usb port. Now the device won't work. I now know what I should have done. How can I get back to that wizard for this device that my computer thinks...

View more questions Search