Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MoonDust Posts: 52, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2007, 11:49 AM
    Debt Collectors versis Original creditor
    I ask yesterday if you could go and pay a debt that has been charged off to the original creditor, This was answered. BUT I didn't make myself clear I need to know once it has been charged off and a debt collector has bought the debt can you still go back to the original creditor. I have some debt collectors on me and I want todo a settlement but these guys want it all. Could some one please give me some advice.
    Thanks in advance,
    MoonDust
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 31, 2007, 12:36 PM
    Generally, no, once the original creditor has sold the debt or even assigned to a collection agency, they want you to deal with the agency.
    Gregisteredtrademark Posts: 226, Reputation: 35

Aug 31, 2007, 12:42 PM
    Usually debit collectors "purchase" bad debit for pennies on the dollar based on it's collectabilty. If the collection agency is an outside source like XYZ Collections. Your debit almost always has been sold and written off their books. Your best bet is to work with the collection agency to pay off in full and see if they will agree to post positive credit feedback or at least provide documentation that the debit has been paid in full.
    MoonDust Posts: 52, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2007, 04:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonDust
    I ask yesterday if you could go and pay a debt that has been charged off to the original creditor, This was answered. BUT I didn't make myself clear I need to know once it has been charged off and a debt collector has bought the debt can you still go back to the original creditor. I have some debt collectors on me and I want todo a settlement but these guys want it all. Could some one please give me some advice.
    Thanks in advance,
    MoonDust
    Thanks
    I have been out of town sorry for the delay in response. This helps me
    Moondust

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Debt Collectors [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Toronto, Canada and I purchased something back in 2001. I had lost my job and didn't go back to work until 1 1/2 yrs ago and the company bugged me by calling asking for money right up until about 1 1/2 yrs ago. I received a phone call tonight by a credit company (HSBC) saying that they...

Harassing debt collectors [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Its me again. I don't have any new news regarding my previous post. I have a new question. I have been paying on another old debt from Citibank. I have paid faithfully until last month, when my funds were limited. A collector from Academy services called me on a daily basis with...

Debt Collectors [ 1 Answers ]

Is it legal for a debt collector to ask a minor where his or her parent is at(when they aren't home) and then tell the minor that they will keep calling "monday, tuesday, wednesday, and so on." (If they do not answer that question.)??

Debt collectors [ 2 Answers ]

Is it legal for debt collectors to call aquaintances in order to contact me about a debt? Do they get phone numbers from my phone records

Debt collectors [ 6 Answers ]

Is there a time limit to collecting a debt?

View more questions Search