Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karen000 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2010, 12:06 AM
    Proper way to care for private area?
    I'm 18, my vaginal area is all natural (pubic hairs) . I'm starting to get irritated by it, it's just... not attractive. My mom always told me not to touch it, as in no shaving, no waxing, whatever. I've heard shaving is bad, I heard trimming leads to itchiness, I heard waxing is the way to go, so I was wondering if there are any products I could get at the drugstore to help rid some of these hairs. As far as self-cleaning goes, wash with soap? I've heard conditioners?
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2010, 12:17 AM

If you really don't like it, you can shave it without terrible itchyness if you don't shave against the grain of the hair. The bikini line area it's not going to itch if you go against the grain though. The main stuff, shave in a downward direction, and use a good razor. I discovered that doing this alop prevents razor bumps and redness, it's all in the technique.
    Also, you can use a product similar to shaving cream to appply to the area beforehand to soften the hairs and loosen the folicles. Really, shaving won't hurt it at all, and waxing can be painful, and depending on how deep the hair is in there, it can make you bleed. Trimming isn't bad if you know how to do it evenly. The choice it yours.

Edit: Also if you'e cleaning the hair, I'd use abby shampoo, but if you shave it off you won't need to. Using soap in that area can lead to irritation if it gets anywhere where it shouldn't if you don't rinse it properly.
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2010, 11:15 AM

You can also trim with a small scissors, just to give you an idea of what it would look like.

Waxing is horribly painful the first time you do it, so I wouldn't start with such a delicate area. You can get creams to dissolve the hair, which are smelly, but work, and the hair grows back naturally. Or you can shave. It's your choice.
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Jan 26, 2010, 11:55 AM

I use caress soap with a venus razor. When I shave down there. I use other soap too, but I like using caress the best. Hair conditioner works great too. I usually don't use shaving cream, but you could try different things to see which works for you.

If you use hair removal creams check the back label to see if you can use it on pubic hair. A lot of the creams aren't supposed to be used down there and can irratate your skin if you do use them. Also do a patch test before trying hair removers.
    degoqueen Posts: 58, Reputation: 2

Jan 26, 2010, 12:44 PM

Just shave it, its your vadge not your moms. And it does keep it cleaner, A. no hair for bacteria to cling to & B. it will feel better, and you will feel more confident
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2010, 12:53 PM

Also I should add that hair removal cream can irritate the pores and folllicles down there and possibly cause an infection in the follicles of some of the hair, so I don't recommmend using those on such a sensitive area, Shaving is safer if you're careful.
    CariBaybee Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2010, 09:53 PM

Well I shave mines and nothing happens so you can too. There's nothing wrong with it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a bump in a private area what does it mean? [ 10 Answers ]

I shaved 2 days before I got it its hurts if I press on it. I never had sex I'm scaried to tell my mom what is it?

Bumps in private area [ 3 Answers ]

I am 18 years old and I am sexually active and as shaving my private area I came to find out seeing bumps and trying to burst them they form into what I would call a water bump... but they seems not to hurt nor itch... I never had them before and I don't know where they could be coming from... :o

Bump on private area [ 4 Answers ]

Hi how you doing, I have a bump on my private area above my penis,the bump looks like a pimple but its not.I have tried poping it but it hurts bad.the bump is small but its like a dark red color almost a purple.by chance would anybody know what this is.I have no time to go to a doctor.would anyone...

Private area problems [ 6 Answers ]

My sons private area won't go down and it irritates him what can be the problem:mad:

Proper way of washing genital area [ 3 Answers ]

I'm just wonderrin if Its OK to wash your genital area inside, using our one finger associated with water and using feminine wash outside to prevent any bacteria or insfection? But make sure we have to wash our hands and our nails needs to cut off. I was just thinking if we can able to use this...

View more questions Search