Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Nov 16, 2007, 07:14 PM
    Black Nail Polish
    Hello there,

I have a question that I have asked many people, and depending on the person, they respond differently. This is purely opinion apparently.

Do you think black nail polish is tacky or classy?

I mean nice manicured nails painted black. No chipping polish or bitten nails.

I look forward to hearing everyone's responses!

Thanks for reading.:D
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2007, 07:21 PM
    I don't think it's tacky or classy, it's just nail polish. I don't think it's very pretty, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think it depends on the person in general whether they can pull it off without looking like a wannabe goth kid or something haha.
    Vision Expert

Nov 16, 2007, 07:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by charlotte234s
    I don't think it's tacky or classy, it's just nail polish. I don't think it's very pretty, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think it depends on the person in general whether they can pull it off without looking like a wannabe goth kid or something haha.

Thank you for your response. I think if done correctly it can look classy. If you are wearing tons of rings and your polish is chipped, then yes tacky. My best friends had her nails painted black on her wedding day. I thought it was nice.. Her bridesmaids also wore black. I thought her mother was going to kill her when she found out.:p
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2007, 07:26 PM
    XD

It can be nice if done properly, I had a manicure with black tips once for the heck of it, it was all right, but it's not for everyone!
    Vision Expert

Nov 16, 2007, 07:28 PM
    What is XD? And I don't dig the color tips, but like you said it's not for everyone. Thanks again for your opinion:D
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2007, 07:39 PM
    it's a smiley kind of like =D but with squinty eyes from the big smile. XD
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2007, 07:40 PM
    If it goes with your outfit or your style and doesn't STAND OUT or look out of place on you then I would say it could be nice. Just like wearing a hat some people look outstanding in a hat while others look like they have something plopped on their head.
    An accent on them like a little diamond decal or something would look nice too.
    e_k_e_f Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Feb 26, 2008, 10:23 PM
    I love black nail polish! As you said, it is an opinion

However, it must always be worn on nice neat nails.

Not long nails, otherwise it will look gothic.

But otherwise - very nice
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 26, 2008, 10:29 PM
    I've seen black polish on ragged, bitten nails - eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww!

On well-kept nails, classy, especially if the outfit matches and the girl doesn't look goth with black-rimmed eyes and black lipstick. I like No's idea of something decorative on each nail.
    Vision Expert

Feb 27, 2008, 01:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    I've seen black polish on ragged, bitten nails - eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww!

On well-kept nails, classy, especially if the outfit matches and the girl doesn't look goth with black-rimmed eyes and black lipstick. I like No's idea of something decorative on each nail.
    I like black polish on its own..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nail Polish spilled in dryer [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter washed a load of jeans that had a bottle of nail polish in the pocket! Now the nail polish is all over the dryer and her jeans. Can I safely clean this with non-acetone polish remover? Any other suggestions. Thanks!

Nail polish [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter has a short black and white trim dress for prom. Turquoise open toe shoes and matching jewelry to shoes. What color nail polish/lipstick would look best with this?

90's Movie Cover black and white hands clasped, one with red nail polish [ 6 Answers ]

I'm 19 years old now and I huge movie fanatic. I remember walking through the video store as a child and seeing this movie box with the picture of a black and white hand clasped on the cover. I think one hand had red nail polish, I was just trying to figure out what movie that was if anyone...

Learn polish [ 2 Answers ]

If sameone is interested in learn polish I can help.Instead someone may help me improwe my english.

Choosing lipstich & nail polish [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have an outfit for the wedding I spoke about previously. I have a (metallic) gold skirt and a black top. Now I'm wondering how to choose the correct color lipstick and nail polish. I am 56 years old, so I'm not a teenager. LOL I'd appreciate any suggestions! Cubfan23

View more questions Search