Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pattynana Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2007, 01:43 PM
    Unfit Parent
    PLEASE PLEASE... how do you prove an unfit parent? We have a hearing coming up this Friday and he is trying to say I am unfit because the children missed a lot of school. They do have documentation as to why they missed. They were seeing a child psychologist but his attorney had the judge stop the visits and now they are emotional wrecks. They keep saying they want to go back to "Jackie" (the doctor)
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2007, 01:46 PM
    I would take everything you have about the missed school. Have documentation of anything you have from their dr. with you. You really should take ANYTHING you think is helpful to show that you are not unfit.

If I may ask.. Why are the kids in therapy?
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2007, 01:47 PM
    Well if you can back up the reasons they missed school, just bring that and don't worry, don't you have a lawyer too? I would get one if you could, they could sort this out.
    manisaun Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2007, 01:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pattynana
    PLEASE PLEASE .....how do you prove an unfit parent?? We have a hearing coming up this Friday and he is trying to say I am unfit because the children missed alot of school. They do have documentation as to why they missed. They were seeing a child psychologist but his attorney had the judge stop the visits and now they are emotional wrecks. They keep saying they want to go back to "Jackie" (the doctor)
    Try having the psychologist testify at your hearing. If this is not possible, have the psychologist write a letter to the court regarding your children, their emotional status, and dates of visits. Hope this helps! Best of luck to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is considered an unfit parent [ 10 Answers ]

I know someone( a neighbor) who has 2yr old daughter and she parties every weekend either at a club or at home and the little girl is around if she is partying at home and if she goes out she lets whoever watch her. She does receive child support but makes up excuses every time the father wants to...

Proving an unfit parent [ 5 Answers ]

I am trying to determine what constitutes an unfit parent in the courts.

Unfit Mother? [ 3 Answers ]

After 25 years married, three children I finally (with the help of the women's shelter) found my freedom 9 years ago. One child is grown and married with his own family. Two daughters with me (joint custody... physical custody with me) they are now 15 and 25. The older one is moderately disabled....

Unfit father [ 12 Answers ]

My baby is almost 4 and has only seen her father once. And he hasn't paid anything for her. He now wants to take me to court for visittaion. He has an extensive criminal history of drugs, and assault. He is a really bad person that has threatened to kill me, and kick my , and steal my child, and to...

Unfit Parent Info [ 30 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I can find info on what determines an unfit parent in the state of Oklahoma?

View more questions Search