Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DLindberg49 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2007, 06:01 AM
    Forced air gas furnace fan auto or always on?
    Is it better to leave the fan set to auto or always on, especially during extreme cold conditions when furnace is kicking on much more often? The furnace is 3 years old.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2007, 10:05 AM
    It won't change the cycle rate of your furnace unless it adds to the overall heat loss of you home. Also see here.
    DLindberg49 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2007, 09:38 PM
    Thank you. I can see what you mean, but I guess what I was asking is "is it better or more efficient to leave the fan on and/or less strain on the fan due to not having it go off and back on so much?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Forced air furnace blows cold at first... [ 7 Answers ]

Hi all, I found this forum full of helpful answers, so I'm hoping will be able to get some ideas on what could be wrong with my heating system. Iam using forced air furnace, that was working fine last year blowing hot air. However, this fall soon after turning it on, cycle starts but blowing...

Gas forced air heater won't turn heat on [ 6 Answers ]

My honeywell thermostat electric, shows "filter" change light blinking and won't turn on the heater when turned up. The thermostat will 'click' when temp turned up and I can manually turn on the fan but no fire in the heater. The thermostat is 1 year old, filter changed

Gas Forced Air vs. Boiler [ 1 Answers ]

I think I'm a little off the wall here since I haven't seen this question asked this way anywhere else, but here goes: Would anyone ever recommend replacing an existing gas/forced air heating system with a gas boiler and radiators for hydronic heat? I know that all things equal, I would...

Forced air furnace [ 1 Answers ]

;) Gas forced air heating, I like to know if there is a way to change the temperature difference between stop and start, for example instead of 68-start and 73 stop change too 70 start and 73 stop ,

FAN doesn't work when it's 'Auto', but works fine at 'On' in my central air/furnace [ 1 Answers ]

undefinedFAN 'On' or 'Auto'FAN 'On' or 'Auto' Hi, I have programmable thermostat connecting air condition / furnace system. Now if I turn system to 'Cool' and Fan at 'Auto', no cool air come out (compressor works, you can hear the noise). If I set FAN to 'On', life is getting better. But the FAN...

View more questions Search