Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    andrew.kretz Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2006, 10:20 AM
    Problem with Web Cam
    Every time that I use my web cam my image will freeze after maybe 10 minutes and my mouse will stop working. This happens when I am in Yahoo chat, skype or any other chat service that I can use my web cam. I have tested my USB ports with the testing stuff that is on my computer from the system information and it states that there is nothing wrong with my USB ports. I can not figure it out. I know it is not the web cam because I replaced my last one due to this problem. My web cam works fine as long as I am not in any type of chat environment. But I would really like to fix it so that my wife and kids can see me for longer periods. When it does mess up, I have to reboot my system in order for it to work properly again. But as soon as I turn on my web cam again in the chat it does it all over again.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2006, 10:31 AM
    Are you using a USB hub?

This sounds like a problem I had and for me, it turned out to be my cheap USB hub.

I have USB keyboard, USB Mouse, USB Printer, etc and only 2 USB ports. So I had/have a SUB hub that connects them all. Problem is sometimes the hub gives out for a few minutes.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 22, 2006, 11:34 AM
    What version of Windows? How much RAM?

Mar 22, 2006, 01:41 PM
    I have windows XP and my RAM is 512MB.

Mar 22, 2006, 02:10 PM
    Ok that shouldn't be a problem then. Have you tried talking to the tech support people from the web cam manufacturer? Have you checked for spyware or viruses? Spyware, especially, might be piggybacking on the video and causing freezing.

Mar 22, 2006, 06:20 PM
    I have spyware removal, but I have not spoken to ant tech support because this happened with my old cam that is why I bought a new one, but my new one does the same thing.

Mar 23, 2006, 06:25 AM
    I would still contact tech support for the cam. They may be able to help you spot something on your system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Playboy girlfirend problem.. Real problem [ 14 Answers ]

I have this new girlfriend.. that I really, really like (more than any other). She seems really nice... she was wearing everything of the "playboy" (earrings, bag, shirt, etc, etc) brand name / merchandise. I thought it was cute and a one time thing. Until I saw her bedroom.. It was 100%...

View more questions Search