Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reynoldstwo Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2013, 01:47 PM
    Anyone have info on changing a gunsafe lock?
    The gunsafe is a Winchester series and the lock must be having an issue since it is consuming batteries, one every few days. Does anyone know how to take the defective lock out to replace with new?
    Sincerely,
    A
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Apr 1, 2013, 02:13 PM
    Contact the company. A friend of mine had an issue with a lock like that and they sent someone out to replace it for free as part of the warranty.

Apr 1, 2013, 03:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    Contact the company. A friend of mine had an issue with a lock like that and they sent someone out to replace it for free as part of the warranty.
    Thank you for your answer, the warranty has expired.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 1, 2013, 03:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by reynoldstwo View Post
    Thank you for your answer, the warranty has expired.
    I would call anyway and see what they have to say. They may send out a new lock assembly free of charge.

That is too fast for a battery to be draining.

Apr 1, 2013, 06:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cdad View Post
    I would call anyway and see what they have to say. They may send out a new lock assembly free of charge.

That is too fast for a battery to be draining.
    I believe that I will call the company tomorrow and see what they say. Loved your answer, thank you.
    A
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2013, 06:53 AM
    Install a Battery

May help?

Apr 4, 2013, 10:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratmando View Post
    Have installed a number of batteries, safe eats them within a couple of days. I called the manufacturer of the safe and will probably end up ordering a replacement keypad from them. Thank you for the answer though.
    A
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2013, 04:43 PM
    It's a Link
    If you click on the Blue "Install a Battery", it takes you to winchesters site, has their Locks, Support, other Locks?
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2013, 04:49 PM
    Not sure the Normal standby current, Tech Support should be able to provide, you could check current with a meter, not sure the lock, maybe the bolt isn't fully extending, and motor is lugged down/runing due to not fully extending? tripping limit. Several types?

Apr 5, 2013, 10:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratmando View Post
    Not sure the Normal standby current, Tech Support should be able to provide, you could check current with a meter, not sure the lock, maybe the bolt isn't fully extending, and motor is lugged down/runing due to not fully extending?, tripping limit. several types?
    The tech that I spoke with says that it sounds as though it is the keypad and not the lock itself. Will most likely be switching from a battery keypad to a dial with out a battery.
    A
    Entomology Expert

Apr 5, 2013, 10:48 AM
    Like I said, I have a friend that has a Liberty gun safe (looks like the same manufacturer as the Winchester safe) and his battery was doing the same thing. They did replace it under warranty. They replaced the keypad and that solved the battery eating problem. There was something defective in it. You called and told them the problem and they aren't covering it? How long have you had it?

Apr 5, 2013, 11:34 AM
    Purchased 10/2010. They aren't covering it, though the price I was given for a replacemnt keypad is decent. I did check around online and local and not a better price anywhere I looked.
    A
    Entomology Expert

Apr 5, 2013, 12:26 PM
    That's too bad. Well, good luck and I hope you get it fixed.

Apr 5, 2013, 12:57 PM
    Appreciate your answers
    A
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 5, 2013, 06:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by reynoldstwo View Post
    appreciate your answers
    a
    Also if you have any other questions or would like to discuss firearm issues then please do so. We have many here that have a fair amount of knowlage about a wide range of subject matter and opinions for this area.

Apr 5, 2013, 06:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cdad View Post
    Also if you have any other questions or would like to discuss firearm issues then please do so. We have many here that have a fair amount of knowlage about a wide range of subject matter and opinions for this area.
    Thank you,
    A

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Went bizarre and won't start. Lock/no heat/lock/no heat.. etc.. 665.15779990 [ 3 Answers ]

Cut power for ten minutes. Tried several of the listed sequences. Nothing. Augh! Please help

Can your lanlord change your lock (lock out) without going through the courts? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a month to month lease and have been paying every month. My landlord is selling her condo and I have agreed to stay here until she sell and open my house for showing while I reside her but the agreement was it has to be convinent me and a 48hr notice. Well that has not been the case and the...

Can't turn on laptop, all caps lock,Num lock, scr. Lock lights are on [ 2 Answers ]

Can some one help me, please I don't know what did my kids do my sony laptop, now I can't turn it on. When I turn on the laptop, only power, battery and hard drive lights are on but the screen is not on at all. All caps lock, Num lock and Screen lock lights are on all the time, the laptop doesn't...

Air lock or hammer lock [ 3 Answers ]

I was just wondering how I can rememdy hammer lock or airlock? I think that is what it is. I just bought this house that has been sitting for 3 months unoccuppied. I connected my washer and when the washer starts to cycle by pulling water to the unit, I hear this bang evertime it purges water. ...

View more questions Search