Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    membrane Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2012, 03:18 AM
    Arrest
    Can my friends husband arrest me for lying to them about illness and they just found out... they are very angry? Thy have been harassing me
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 9, 2012, 03:34 AM
    Is he in law enforcement ?
    membrane Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2012, 03:35 AM
    No a driving instructor
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 9, 2012, 03:55 AM
    Sounds like someone else is stretching the truth then..
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 9, 2012, 05:27 AM
    Only police officers and those in law enforcement can arrest you. And for the arrest to hold up in court, there has to be a crime.

Lying to a friend while a bad moral thing, and will break up a friendship, is not of course illegal, unless used for illegal purpose
    holyguacamole Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2012, 10:12 AM
    Only if you lied to gain financially-- like receiving donations for your alleged illness. I assume if they gave you money for treatment, they could take you to small claims court to get the money back... but if you lied to them, lets say, to get out of going to their daughter's wedding- by telling them you've been hugging the toilet all night, then no.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Arrest [ 3 Answers ]

Will the NYC department of correction hire you if you were arrested to petit larcany

My Arrest Record [ 2 Answers ]

What is my criminal history?

Old arrest [ 4 Answers ]

I was arrested when I was 21yrs (now 37), paid bail and never heard another thing, no court date, etc. Now, I am planning to apply for a passport and am concerned this will show up and all hell will break loose. I just ran a criminal background check on myself and nothing came up?? Any...

When are they going to arrest her? [ 17 Answers ]

So my mother-in-law owns her own realty business and had this secretary who has embezzled two hundred thousand dollars. They received the final amount a couple of months ago. Now it's been a year since this whole investigation and DA had started all this and yet this woman is still working for a...

View more questions Search