Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    baltcollege2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2012, 10:15 AM
    Where to invest college money
    I am looking to invest money I inherited for my children's college. One graduates in 3 years the other in 5 years. I have 529 plans for each but don't know if dumping this money into the 529 plans is the route. Is there a place to invest this money that won't be looked at as (first dollar available) when applying for student aid?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2012, 10:19 AM
    YOU should hire a financial advisor and take their advice rather than ask that question on the internet.

They would have a legal obligation to act in your best interest... noone else would.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

College Student Looking to Invest - Where to Put My Money? [ 9 Answers ]

Like the title says, I'm a 19 year old college student looking to invest what money I've saved over the last year or so. I've managed to save roughly $10,000 to put towards investing (planning to eventually use it for a down-payment on a home), but my question lies in where to put my money. I...

Should I take my money out of my cash Isa and invest elsewhere [ 2 Answers ]

:I have a cash isa with 7,000 investment. I s it best to leave it in there or invest in one of those long ter M investments with another bank? Thanks for your answers

Invest estate money in cd [ 1 Answers ]

I am setting up an estate account for my mother's money-can I put some of this money in a short term cd getting a much better rate until the estate is settled? Does the cd have to be at the same bank where I open up the estate account?

View more questions Search