Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SadButTrue Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

May 5, 2006, 10:10 PM
    Prescription Diet Pills
    I am 10 lbs overweight and just can't seem to lose this extra weight. It may not seem like a lot, but on me, it is. It's all in my buns and thighs. I walk 1.25 miles every day (weather permitting) and 2 to 3 days a week, I walk 2.5 miles. I have a one year old child so I also get exercise running after her and playing with her. I eat healthy, no fast food or fried food, etc... I don't eat sweets or drink sodas, etc...
    My annual exam is scheduled for next week and I would like to ask my doctor to prescribe a weight loss pill. Considering the fact that I am only 10 lbs overweight, do you think he would do this? If not, do you have any ideas or suggestions for me?
    RosieJ74 Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

May 6, 2006, 02:24 AM
    Diet pills have a tendency to cause a person to crash diet. Try and increase your water intake and then ask your doctor what you can do. Diet pills do work, but once you stop, you can put the weight back on and then some. You can try a vitamin called One A Day Weight Smart. It will give you a boost of energy, but will also give you vitamins that diet pills strip from your body. Hope this helps!
    tracgardn Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 09:03 AM
    It may be genes. Didn't you know with Jennifer Lopez, Beyonce, and several others including my daughter that is the way the new look is? Beyonce was just on the swim suit issue. Look at Janet Jackson, people would love to look like her. You also may be building muscle there since you are working so hard on these areas. You also sound like you are getting a little out of control on this issue. Even though your child is young I hope you don't continue this when she gets older. How can she ever live up to that? You are what this country is worrying about, people that are obsessed with looks and weight. Have you been watching the cat walk too much? Young women are dying because of the obsession with weight and models are dying also, is this 10 pds really so important to you? Change your priorities, in other words, get over it!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ibuprofen (Prescription) [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I have found out that there is a prescription for ibuprofen. 600 mg for each tablet. Somebody said to me that you can take one pill and sometimes when they are feeling lots of pain they take two. What is the directions for the prescription form of ibuprofen with 600 mg pills. Thank...

Disabled - Mental Illness - Need Prescription Asst.-SSDI Over Requirements [ 9 Answers ]

I am 47, disabled after working 27 years as a paralegal with a mental illness. My SSDI is 22,560, 1880/month. All programs out there to help assist me get medications I need for physical and mental illnesses are denying me as they say my salary is over the income elegibility. I have a very...

Are weight loss diet pills safe? [ 29 Answers ]

I am suffering from overweight condition,I usually visited a lot of sites. I just wanted to know about dieat pills. Are they really effective and safe? Suggestion regarding this is greatly appreciated.

Sister addicted to prescription pain pills, how do I save her kids [ 18 Answers ]

I was hoping that someone would be able to help me w/ getting some info... Is anyone familiar w/ the "marchment act"? My sister has had an opiate addiction for over 3 years now, my mother and I tried an intervention w/ her and was able to get her in to tx for detox. We now believe that she is using...

Diet pills [ 3 Answers ]

I want to loose some weight. I was two sides smiler than I am rigth now. I am not overweight really but ia want to have my body like it was before. I would like to try with diet pills, but I am scared of side effects. I just wondering if just taking those pills for a while,...

View more questions Search