Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mindy2901 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2006, 10:22 AM
    Brownish discharge and cramping
    About 2 weeks ago my boyfriend's condom broke, and since about a week ago my stomach's been cramping really bad, I been really tired, and I eat a lot more than usually. About 5 days ago when I been going to the bathroom When I wipe it's been a brownish discharge. And I was woundering what could it be? I don't even know if I'm pregnet yet! :confused: But could it be from stress?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 30, 2006, 10:40 AM
    How old are you? Is your period due soon?

Nov 30, 2006, 10:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    How old are you? Is your period due soon?
    Im 17 and my period was on 2-3 weeks ago. The condom busted while I was on my period
    Expert

Nov 30, 2006, 10:49 AM
    Then chances are you are not pregnant. You still could be. If you are having sex no matter what form of birth control you use, you still have a possibility of getting pregnant.

You should get a hpt and take a test to be sure. Now, remember to use first morning urine and also know that sometimes these tests give false negatives. The only positive test is a blood test.

You probably should make an appointment with your doctor to make sure you are healthy and everything is okay.

Nov 30, 2006, 10:52 AM
    Then chances are you are not pregnant. You still could be. If you are having sex no matter what form of birth control you use, you still have a possibility of getting pregnant.

You should get a hpt and take a test to be sure. Now, remember to use first morning urine and also know that sometimes these tests give false negatives. The only positive test is a blood test.

You probably should make an appointment with your doctor to make sure you are healthy and everything is okay.

Well I already made a appointment with my Gyno dec 12. So hopefully I can find something out!
    Expert

Nov 30, 2006, 10:54 AM
    From a PM

Quote Originally Posted by mindy2901
    could the discharge and cramping be a sign that im pregnet?
    Typically no, as you are 17 and your hormones do not "level" until around the age of 28. However, until you get into the doc you should treat yourself as if you are pregnant. Take a multivitamin every day that has folic acid, eat right, no drinking or drugs, etc.

Nov 30, 2006, 10:57 AM
    From a PM

Typically no, as you are 17 and your hormones do not "level" until around the age of 28. However, until you get into the doc you should treat yourself as if you are pregnant. Take a multivitamin every day that has folic acid, eat right, no drinking or drugs, etc.

Thanks for the addvice. I don't smoke or drink anyway. So that isn't a big deal... Is one a day a multivitamin? And could the dischrage be from stress?
    Expert

Nov 30, 2006, 11:04 AM
    Yes, one-a-day is a multivitamin, look on the label, I don't have one here, and make sure it has folic acid (I am pretty sure it does, but just to be safe) Another way to add to the folic acid is drink orange juice.

Yes, the spotting can be from stress or even just your young age.

Nov 30, 2006, 11:07 AM
    Yes, one-a-day is a multivitamin, look on the label, I don't have one here, and make sure it has folic acid (I am pretty sure it does, but just to be safe) Another way to add to the folic acid is drink orange juice.

Yes, the spotting can be from stress or even just your young age.

Ok! Thanks...
    Im just so nervious about the situation. I already told my boyfriend about it, and he's also nervous.. lol Well thanks for the information
    Expert

Nov 30, 2006, 11:12 AM
    I don't want to sound rude or harsh here, but if you are having sex and are not ready for a child, then yes, you should be nervous.

I was on the pill, I took it at the same time every day. Never missed one. I have a 20 year old son and an 18 year old son.

So, the only way not to get pregnant is not to have sex. Just be more careful, K! ;)

Nov 30, 2006, 12:15 PM
    I don't want to sound rude or harsh here, but if you are having sex and are not ready for a child, then yes, you should be nervous.

I was on the pill, I took it at the same time every day. Never missed one. I have a 20 year old son and an 18 year old son.

So, the only way not to get pregnant is not to have sex. Just be more careful, K!!;)

Well I think I am because me and him is got good jobs and He graduated from college and he's making good. I do hair so I'm making pretty good myself. SO I don't have to worry about not having money to support it. Well thanks for the information and the advice

Nov 30, 2006, 12:16 PM

So, the only way not to get pregnant is not to have sex. Just be more careful, K!!;)

One a Day only has stearic acid. I don't see the other one
    O_Troubles Posts: 313, Reputation: 20

Jul 25, 2007, 10:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mindy2901
    About 2 weeks ago my boyfriend's condom broke, and since about a week ago my stomach's been cramping really bad, i been really tired, and i eat a lot more than usually. About 5 days ago when I been going to the bathroom When I wipe it's been a brownish discharge. And I was woundering what could it be? I dont even know if im pregnet yet! :confused: But could it be from stress?
    OK so this will sound lame but I just got the latest issues of cosmo for the month of augest I think with julia styles and it had a whole section on this. Depending on what you have if its just cramps and discharge then this might be it might not either way see your dr. asap it could be seroius. In the mag. It says if you have abdominal pain, discharge, fever, pain while urinating, or irregular menstral bleeding it could be pelvic inflammatory disease. I believe it could be if this happens regularly. You might have contracted and std so go see your doctor either way OK!
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2007, 10:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by O_Troubles
    ok so this will sound lame but i just got the latest issues of cosmo for the month of augest i think with julia styles and it had a whole section on this. depending on what u have if its just cramps and discharge then this might be it might not either way see ur dr. asap it could be seroius. in the mag. it says if u have abdominal pain, discharge, fever, pain while urinating, or irregular menstral bleeding it could be pelvic inflammatory disease. i believe it could be if this happens regularly. you might have contracted and std so go see ur doctor either way ok!
    Just for your info, O_Troubles, a brown discharge indicates old blood, not pelvic inflammatory disease.

Also, this post was from November 2006. It is more than likely not even an issue anymore. If you are going to copy and paste one thing to every post you look at, make sure what you are pasting has significance to the question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

On the pill, brownish discharge, negative.hpt [ 1 Answers ]

I have been on the pill for 7 years now and for the first time I have hardly had a period. I usually get my period the Wednesday after the Sunday when I start taking the placebo pills. This Wednesday I did not start my normal period, instead I have had a brownish discharge for the past 4 days. On...

Late Period Brown Discharge and cramping [ 4 Answers ]

My period is 4 days late and on the third day I had a brown discharge and I have had unprotected sex and there is some mild cramping. I also have irregular periods.

Cramping with Menses [ 3 Answers ]

Can you tell me the cause for cramping with Menses?

Brownish discharge [ 1 Answers ]

I am 20 years old and I am having a brownish discharge. I have been having it off and on for about two weeks. My period should be coming within the next week. I am not presently on birth control but did take the pill about a year ago. What do you think the cause is and should I be concerned. ...

Light brownish color [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: dear all, I am confused relating with a problem that I have been having since last year June. I realised that my period doesn't come any more and I thouht that I was pregnant, but after having many different pregnancy test, they all came back negative. I was tested for infections, which...

View more questions Search