Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    znaik Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2007, 05:00 AM
    .img files won't transfer to hard disk
    My Toshiba media center went haywire and I lost everything... yey...
    Anyway, I got this new Pacard Bell store and save 3500 (with no frikken on\off switch! )
    And the damn thing won't accept img files.
    When I try to move them from my computer to the damn thing, it says there is not enough space (which is BULL)
    Anyone had the same problem or know what I can do to fix it\ go around it?
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Feb 8, 2007, 07:54 PM
    If you can explain in more detail, maybe we can help.

What do you mean "new Packard Bell store" ? Save 3500... you mean dollars?

What is it that won't accept .img files? img file is a CD/DVD image. You'll need software to read it, such as MagicISO.
    znaik Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2007, 07:00 AM
    The store and save 3500 is the name of the thing. "pacard bell store and save 3500"
    It's when I try to move files or folders from my computer to the hd it refuses to accept them if there is an img file in one of them. I can move everything accept files that are img... there is like 180bg of free space on it so I know it's far from full, but still a thing pops up saying it can not store it because the file is to big... (4,7gb)
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Feb 11, 2007, 04:58 PM
    Ah, its an external hard drive. Looks like the hard drive is formatted with Fat or Fat32, which has a file size limit of 4GB. See Here for info.

You will need to reformat the device using NTFS to store large files, such as your .img file which is 4.7 GB.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't see hard disk [ 1 Answers ]

I have two hard disks,one of 40 GB and the other of 200 GB.On the first one I had a 10 GB primary partition and a 30 GB extended one.on the primary partition was installed windows xp.n the extended partition there were two logical drives,one of 20 Gb and the other of 10 GB.I had installed linux on...

Hard disk [ 1 Answers ]

BIOS detects the hard disk and but in hard disk configuration I did not see the cylindar and Track and Sector are there. Will send me the suggestion to repair my hard disk. Deep

Hard Disk-transfer speed [ 6 Answers ]

Hello! I have always been having a feeling that my harddrives have too slow a transfer speed, so I measured it yesterday. I Found out that the transfer speed for a 30 GB package of movies and music only reached 13,8 kb/s, which is quite low, isn't it? I have 2 internal (1 IDE anf 1 S-ATA) and 1...

Clean & retrive files from hard disk [ 1 Answers ]

I am going to buy new computer.how do I retrive hard disk files from my old computer and put it back to new computer?

Cannot access hard disk [ 5 Answers ]

I have 2 HDs on my XP sysyem.Suddenly,I cannot access the slave,boot up locks up on"verifying DMI pool data". If I disconnect D: all is well.If I define d: as master and diconnect c:,I can then boot up from floppy and access the drive. The drive (20GIG) has partitions primary 8,extended 19+ and I...

View more questions Search