Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wardster Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2005, 11:36 AM
    Cold water in bathroom sink lacks pressure
    No other outputs affected. Recently, had sprinkler system put in. They cut main line and patched it. At first, lots of muddy water was coming out of sink, toilet and shower. Then all water stopped. They found the debris in the pipe and cleaned it out. All worked well, but now my cold water has no pressure. Cold water works fine in shower and the toilet fills.
    Is there an easy way to 'unclog I assuem, the cold water line?
    Thanks for any help
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 14, 2005, 01:16 PM
    Cold water in bathroom sink lacks pressure
    Quote Originally Posted by wardster
    no other outputs affected. Recently, had sprinkler system put in. They cut main line and patched it. At first, lots of muddy water was coming out of sink, toilet and shower. Then all water stopped. They found the debris in the pipe and cleaned it out. All worked well, but now my cold water has no pressure. Cold water works fine in shower and the toilet fills.
    Is there an easy way to 'unclog I assuem, the cold water line?
    Thanks for any help
    You're going to hafta give me more details then that. Are you telling me that the only two fixtures in the entire house that hasn't lost pressure is the shower and toilet? It would seem to me that since the sprinkler guys caused the problem that they should be the ones to fix it, not you.
    The dirt just worked its way up the line and is now blocking the inlet ports on your fixtures. You're going to hafta open up every valve and faucet that has low pressure and check the inlet ports and then flush out the cold water supply. You should also flush,(not drain) your water heater since it's al;so supplied with cold water and dirt and debris will build up on the tank bottom and eventually will find its way into the hotwater lines. Call them back. They didn't complete flushing your lines. In my opinion, when they cut in the tee they should have dug a "bell hole" for the water in the cut line to drain into.
    They didn't and let the muddy water get into your system. Their fault, their responsibility. Regards, Tom
    wardster Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2005, 01:25 PM
    Sorry for the lack of info. I'll try to explain further. Yes, I know it's their fault, but I figure it's something easy for me to do, I might as well do it.
    The only fixture in the bathroom now with low pressure is the cold water from the sink faucet. Cold water runs fine in the shower and everywhere else, just this one faucet. Also, hot water runs fine everywhere. It's just the cold water flow from the sink.
    How do you 'flush' the hotwater heater? I'm be real interested in learning more about this.
    Thanks speedball
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 14, 2005, 01:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wardster
    Sorry for the lack of info. I'll try to explain further. Yes, I know it's their fault, but I figure it's something easy for me to do, I might as well do it.
    The only fixture in the bathroom now with low pressure is the cold water from the sink faucet. Cold water runs fine in the shower and everywhere else, just this one faucet. Also, hot water runs fine everywhere. It's just the cold water flow from the sink.
    How do you 'flush' the hotwater heater? I'm be real interested in learning more about this.
    Thanks speedball
    Turn off the water to the faucet and open it up and check the seats or inlet ports of the cartridge for trash and dirt. Now place a pan over the open valve body to prevent splash and turn on the cold water to flush out the cold water supply line. Reassemble and test.
    Let me show you how to flush your heater. Attach a hose to the boiler drain at the bottom of the tank. With the pressure on, open the boiler drain and let it run until the water runs clear. You will see a spurt of red,(rust) and some white grains,(lime or calcium carbonate) or in your case dirt. The whole thing shouldn't take more then a few minutes. Don't forget to flush it out every month. Your heater will thank you for it. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No cold water from kitchen sink [ 4 Answers ]

Any help is appreciated in advance. Before I call the plumber because I'm a plumbing novice. I thought I would search the internet and see what I can find out. For some reason today my the cold water faucet in my kitchen sink is no longer working. The hot water flows just fine, but not the...

Smell coming from cold water in sink and bathroom [ 2 Answers ]

Help! I have spent a lot of money on my plumbing problem and still don't have an answer. We added a 2bedroom 1 bath addition onto our house. About a month after we started using the addition we began to have a sewer smell coming from the cold water. We removed alloy rod from water heater just in...

Cold Water Pressure [ 5 Answers ]

I have no cold water pressure in my bathtub faucet. I live in an older house which seems to have been built by a couple of guys in their spare time. I don't know anything about plumbing. I read some posts water pressure but was pretty confused. Is there some kind of cartridge I have to clean? ...

Little Cold Water and plugged sink [ 1 Answers ]

Very little cold water is coming into the shower and tub faucet although it is doing fine to the toilet and sink. Someone told me the faucets may need to be taken apart and cleaned but I don't know how. The faucets are barely a year old. We are on well water. The bathroom sink is real sluggish...

Low cold water flow/pressure in kitchen sink [ 6 Answers ]

We live on the 6th floor in a 12-story condo building and have always had low cold water flow/pressure in the kitchen sink. The hot water is OK, as is the cold water in the bathrooms. I've adjusted the pressure valve under the sink to get as much flow/pressure as possible, but the stream is barely...

View more questions Search