Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michael_martin22 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2008, 05:15 AM
    Best paying jobs with certification only?
    What's the best paying jobs attainable that you need a "certification" for... IE> IronWorker, underwater welder. Just certification exams.. Because when I get out of the army, I'm going to use my gi bill to get a certification for one of the best paying jobs out their. I only need a couple of these jobs recommendations... just so I can start getting info. On. Thanks a lot.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 19, 2008, 10:33 AM
    Well what do you want to do ? A crane operator makes a large amouint of money, but then so does a plumber. But if you don't want to work under water, or if you don't like heights

Also there are jobs like insurance agents where the good ones can make into the 100's of thousands but the poor ones make almost nothing.

If you are looking at income only you may never be happy, why not pick a job you want to do, something that will make you happy
    liza70 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Feb 11, 2008, 11:04 PM
    Jobs in healthcare will always have job security,and,insurance.plus,they can also offer a sense of doing something relevant.If you're already in the military,then,those kinds of things are probably important to you.also,many employers in healthcare fields will encourage-and,possibly pay for you to further your education.you can be an lpn in 16 months,or,a dialysist in 6... most vocational schools offer education,with job placement from 6-16 months,depending on what you want to study.
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2008, 11:12 PM
    If you enjoy welding, there is good money in that field as well for people with the higher certifications. Management experience is also helpful in that area. I am thinking of a tank plant where I know someone with military experience was hired in and is doing exceptionally well using his welding and prior training from the military. I have only recently learned a little bit about the wide variety of welding certifications that are out there.
    I also have heard that there is big money in contracting out to companies that are rebuilding in some of the more dangerous areas... which you may be familiar with from your military experience.
    A lot will depend on your interest for the future.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Certification Tips [ 7 Answers ]

I'm currently studying for my MCSA certification, then moving on to MCSE. I'm also planning on getting my Network+, A+, and CCNA certifications. I currently have (just recently obtained) the MCP and MCDST from Microsoft, and SCA from HDI. What other certs would you recommend, and what yould...

Getting Quick and Fast Certification [ 6 Answers ]

Hello Friend, Basically I have made a big mistake in my career life as I started working young in an automobile company first as a sales clerk but thanks to god and after that to the hard work I am now an IT Officer for almost 6 years. The mistake was that I couldn't finish my degree despite...

UL Certification in Saudi Arabia? [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me if UL Certification is a requirement in Saudi Arabia? We are reworking a motor for a piece of hospital equipment to be 220v/60mz and need to know if we have to go through this step to export.

View more questions Search