Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alex0893 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2014, 10:12 AM
    Stay or move
    Ok the who stress about my manager at work is getting better now, but I'm at a point in my life where I want to do something with it. I got into mechanical design and I want to explore more in the world.

So my questions is if I should stay and keep working if my job accepts me or join the navy and do it for myself. The only reason that I am still working this job is because of my parents. Don't get me wrong I like what I'm doing but I feel like there is more to life than this. I don't want to settle down just yet. At the same time if I join the navy I feel like I will lose my chance in my career. Anyway thanks for reading. Advice with the navy andlife is appreciated.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 30, 2014, 10:27 AM
    I don't know what country you are from, but a career in the Canadian Armed Forces is a worthwhile endeavour, especially the Canadian Navy. Joining the armed forces is a chance to learn new skills, indulge your old ones and finally find out what you want to do with your life. The travelling aspect is worthwhile as well. I speak from experience with friends, some retired now from the Navy with spectacular pensions, knowledge and language skills.

Jul 30, 2014, 11:41 AM
    I live in the US. Another thing is that money isn't a problem to me. I want to go to the navy to get confidence and travel around the world.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2014, 06:50 PM
    "The only reason that I am still working this job is because of my parents". Is there a reason your parent have control of your job choice?

Aug 1, 2014, 03:02 AM
    Well it was particularly there choice and mine for my career. I like doing what I'm doing but I just feel like there is more than this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I move or stay where I am [ 4 Answers ]

Ok so here is a really tough choice I have run into 😳 the place I live in is kind of crappy and there are others around that are trashy people. So far been here about 6 months everyone minds there business and landlord does fix important things. He also pays water and mows the lawn. The other sucky...

Do I stay or do I move on ? [ 1 Answers ]

I started speaking to her online for a long time and we got very close.she told me everything about her and we instantly clicked and had a deep connection. We met up she instantly liked me a lot and we made it official we were together.. then I met her again and she eventually told me she loves...

Should I stay or move on? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for 2yrs now I'm 22 his 23, he has never introduce me to his family because of the culture thing. He has never wanted to meet mine even though they know about him. He doesn't tell me he loves me unless I say it to him, lately we have been having problems because I...

Stay or Move? [ 14 Answers ]

I've been dating my boyfriend for a little over a year. He bought a house in November and we moved in together in December. We didn't do this for our relationship, it was more along the lines of him "striking while the iron is hot" and purchasing a house because he could. I moved in to ease the...

Try and stay or move on [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I have only been married for one year and in that year of being in the same house with him I am seeing and finding out things about him that not only bothers me but scars me. Ever since we have had to share responsibility he lies about everything; like making the house payment to...

View more questions Search