Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Asaahi Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2007, 12:32 AM
    And is it true some people can't live without love?
    Well is it? Cause I, for one, am always miserable when I'm single! What about you guys?
    IkoIkoComic Posts: 9, Reputation: 5

Mar 14, 2007, 12:39 AM
    If you can't be happy single, you'll never be happy in a relationship.

If you think you can only be happy in a relationship, you'll get clingy and irritating.
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2007, 02:45 AM
    Love yourself first, only then can you make someone else part of your life. Get a new direction for your life which doesn't ever involve love. That could be bodybuilding, developing a spirituality, photography, volunteering etc. I find keeping myself busy helps - as I did when I was single + happy.

I did always strive for more when I was single (a relationship) I felt that something was missing but when not I soon resorted to co-dependency, partly because of her cheating and doing hot/cold on me. But you can live without love and millions do. The road of life is ongoing, have the end in site, there will be many diversions and stops along the way but think positively, who knows what is around the next corner.
    binnyliu Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2007, 04:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Asaahi
    Well is it? Cause I, for one, am always miserable when I'm single! What about you guys?
    Sometimes when you're not single it's not really love though, it could just be lust, so maybe if you look at it from that point of view, it won't be so miserable...

My single friends all moan at times but they all hang out together, do fun things and just try to have as many girl nights as possible... takes their mind off things.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 14, 2007, 04:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Asaahi
    My experience has been that if you need someone to make you happy, you'll never be happy with anyone. If your miserable when your single ,then you aren't doing the things that make you enjoy life on its own terms. You have to know and be comfortable with yourself and what your doing.
    Asaahi Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2007, 10:19 AM
    Thanks a lot everyone! I've somewhat realized in these past days that I need to become independent when it comes to my happiness.

I also found this if you guys want to check it out:

Self-Sufficiency

It's about being independent...
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Mar 14, 2007, 10:28 AM
    I was very happy single but I didn't start that way. I had to grow and solve many things first. I actually believe that my eventually being a very contented single person contributed to finding my soulmate too. LOL People who are miserable single are often codependent -- not good!

As for your question, here's what I have found about love. I spent several years with no partner, or active friends or family to love me and found that, while lonely, it was quite bearable. But I need some live thing to love, like a pet or a friend -- that's the part I found so unbearable. Its as if I affirm life when I can express love. So incoming -- no big deal. But outgoing -- very big deal. LOL

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How could true love like this want a break [ 48 Answers ]

Well here goes. My girlfriend of 3 years has recently decided that she wants to take a break. She is 22 years old now and me 24 and we have been on and off with each other since she was 15 and I 17. We didn’t make the relationship a real thing until these last 3 years and it was good for a while. ...

True Story That should help People [ 7 Answers ]

I just wanted to post a story about my roommate. In high school he dated this girl for 3 years and they broke up and it was very hard on him. She called and after a while of communicating after the breakup he just said don't call me it is too hard basically saying rather not talk to you anymore....

True love [ 6 Answers ]

Hello... I want to ask also about my true love in the future... and when?:( Thank you..

I love Irish people [ 6 Answers ]

Sometimes my email alert lets me know I have email and sometimes it doesn't. Also I have been alerted that I have a few emails in my box but when I go to check there is nothing there. What's up with that?

View more questions Search