Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2009, 09:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    I was thinking maybe it would be nice if the moderators or whoever post her at the top of the members page with an ''in memory of''

Here is her profile page

Ask Me Help Desk - View Profile: starbuck8
    I think that's a wonderful idea
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Aug 17, 2009, 09:37 AM

R.I.P. starby. I'll miss you lots <3
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 17, 2009, 10:26 AM
    Name:  4.jpg
Views: 796
Size:  4.6 KB

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 785
Size:  4.9 KB
    Pets Expert

Aug 17, 2009, 10:29 AM

For those of you that knew Starby well, you know that she had a great sense of humor.

She had a way about her. She would turn something serious into something hilarious.

So, in honor of that, of her humor, her zest, I'm posting this, because she'd be double dog daring me to.

For you Starby, because I know you'd laugh at it if you were here.

Name:  good bye cruel world.jpg
Views: 808
Size:  4.3 KB
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2009, 10:34 AM

:) I think too that she would be laughing. I just cannot count all the times she reversed the situation to a funny one, there are so much :rolleyes:
    Pets Expert

Aug 17, 2009, 10:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown008 View Post
    :) I think too that she would be laughing. I just cannot count all the times she reversed the situation to a funny one, there are so much :rolleyes:
    She would be rolling on the floor with laughter. This was what she loved to do, turn something very serious into something you couldn't help but laugh at.

She'd be proud. :)
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2009, 10:40 AM

Hehe she would be so happy with you alty. And so PROUD of you for being so strong for her. *hugs* you are truly an amazing person alty. I only wish I could give you a hug in real life. (whether you wanted one or not I might add :P I'm one of those 'lovely' people who don't pick up on social cues for personal space very well ;) )
    Pets Expert

Aug 17, 2009, 10:44 AM

Another one Starby would have laughed at.

Name:  funny1.jpg
Views: 1831
Size:  34.2 KB

I can almost hear her giggle. :)
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2009, 11:06 AM

I'm already missing our canduck...

Just found that one: :) The cute Golden Retriever

Pets Expert

Aug 17, 2009, 11:09 AM

Now that's our Starby! Good find Unky.

She wouldn't want us to be crying. Tears are a part of it, we will cry, but she'd want us to smile, to laugh, to live.

Let's do her proud.

For our Duck.

Name:  pup2.jpg
Views: 681
Size:  3.1 KB

A special puppy for a special lady.
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2009, 11:11 AM

Another one! :p

Pets Expert

Aug 17, 2009, 11:12 AM

More flowers for our Duck.

Name:  flowers1.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  3.2 KB

Now that's heaven!
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2009, 11:13 AM
    I didn't know starby as much as a lot of you, and my condolences go out to her family and you guys who knew her personally.

sure we had little random chats,but they were just to pass the time

even though this outcome seemed inevitable, it is still a sad blow, I know starby lasted longer than even the doctors thought she would, and some of you even got to talk with her one last time before she passed away, and it makes me smile that you were able to do that :)

I'm sorry to hear that starby has passed away, but I'm sure she's in a better place
    Pets Expert

Aug 17, 2009, 11:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by albear View Post
    i didnt know starby as much as alot of you, and my condolences go out to her family and you guys who knew her personally.

sure we had little random chats,but they were just to pass the time

even though this outcome seemed inevitable, it is still a sad blow, i know starby lasted longer than even the doctors thought she would, and some of you even got to talk with her one last time before she passed away, and it makes me smile that you were able to do that :)

im sorry to hear that starby has passed away, but im sure she's in a better place
    When push came to shove she fought like crazy, that was our ducky.

Thank you Bear. I know she really liked you, she mentioned you often, always wanted to change your nickname, but Bear just fits.

I did get lucky, I got to talk to her when she was having a clear day. I still remember every word of that conversation. We could only talk for a while, so I wanted to make sure I said everything I wanted to say. Sadly, I broke down, cried, just kept telling her that I love her, to fight, to come back to us. She laughed, said "I'm not going anywhere".

Shortly after that talk she went downhill again, fast. Still, she managed to fight for a lot longer then the doctors thought she could.

I'm so happy that her parents and siblings had a birthday party for her, that she was having a clear day then. In the pictures you can see how happy she was that day. Eating KFC and cake, her dog Niki was there as well.

I'm so happy they have that memory. I'm so happy that we have our memories as well.
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2009, 11:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    When push came to shove she fought like crazy, that was our ducky.

Thank you Bear. I know she really liked you, she mentioned you often, always wanted to change your nickname, but Bear just fits.

I did get lucky, I got to talk to her when she was having a clear day. I still remember every word of that conversation. We could only talk for a while, so I wanted to make sure I said everything I wanted to say. Sadly, I broke down, cried, just kept telling her that I love her, to fight, to come back to us. She laughed, said "I'm not going anywhere".

Shortly after that talk she went downhill again, fast. Still, she managed to fight for a lot longer then the doctors thought she could.

I'm so happy that her parents and siblings had a birthday party for her, that she was having a clear day then. In the pictures you can see how happy she was that day. Eating KFC and cake, her dog Niki was there as well.

I'm so happy they have that memory. I'm so happy that we have our memories as well.
    Yeah, :)
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2009, 11:25 AM

Bear, finally! I was wondering where you were! :)

And speaking of Niki, I remembered that once Starby said that Niki would go out even if it's snowing...

Pets Expert

Aug 17, 2009, 11:26 AM

This one sounds like our Starby;

God needed one more to fill the empty space,
    He looked around the hospital and saw your sweet face,
    When you stopped breathing,
    We knew you were gone,
    You went so peacefully,
    So we knew you chose the right home,
    We knew your skies weren't so blue,
    And the roads were getting too tough for you,
    But you fought that fight,
    And you did the best you could do,
    The best part was you didn't die alone,
    The day God sent you home.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2009, 11:28 AM

I wasn't sure whether to post this but Alty convinced me.
    I am hopeless at writing so I made a picture frame to express myself instead.
    Attached Images

Pets Expert

Aug 17, 2009, 11:28 AM
    Go rest now precious one,
    Your life in eternity has just begun.
    Now you can walk, your legs are brand
    New.
    All of heaven is now in your view.

Look all around,it's all in your sight,
    There will never be another dark night.
    Flowers and jewels, the street of pure gold,and all of the things that have been told.

I can just imagine the smile on your face as you walk all around in that beautiful place.
    Greeting our loved ones as you walk along,while singing heaven's most beautiful song.

This is so very hard,but it will all be okay,it isn't goodbye,we'll see you one day.
    We love you and we'll miss you and at times it will be tough,but as with everything,God's grace will be enough.

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  4.6 KB
    Pets Expert

Aug 17, 2009, 11:30 AM

Shazzy, I wish I could change the pic I posted to that one, it's beautiful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Our poor Starby [ 1170 Answers ]

Some of you already know that our Starby (Starbuck8) is in the hospital awaiting surgery. She's a klutz, love her tons, but it's the truth. ;) She tripped on a shovel, broke her leg in two places, broke her wrist and her eye is swollen shut. She'll need surgery to fix her leg, it's the...

Starby & Alty's Castle of Doom. [ 1500 Answers ]

Come in my sweet, and join us! Your hosts will be Starby and Alty. We have everything your little heart desires in our Castle! Come into our web, said the spider to the fly. Mwaaahahahaha! YouTube - Be Our Guest - Beauty and the Beast

View more questions Search