Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    james509713 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Apr 27, 2009, 12:55 PM
    Getting a wedding ring made from a Silver spoon, is it Possible?
    My Girlfriend and I brought a silver spoon from a junk shop last year. We want to try and get it made into a ring for her, for our weddding. How do we go about this? Is it even possible?

Does anyone know of any Jeweler Maker we could send the spoon to and pay for them to melt it down and make a ring??

I have been searching the net for ages looking. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you, James
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2009, 01:16 PM

Many jewellery stores will do this for you -- for a fee.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2009, 01:19 PM

This was a big craze in the late 60's,early 70's.Everyone had them.You can do it yourself.
    They are called spoon rings.Here is a link!
    Create your own jewelry crafts: how to make spoon rings

Apr 27, 2009, 01:26 PM

Thaks for the info. I saw the spoon rings you sugest. But really we are looking for someone who will melt the spoon down to make a traditional wedding band, not the 70's spoon ring design.

I will try asking a local jewler.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2009, 01:34 AM

I've seen many such rings. Just go into a local jeweler and if they cannot do it, they probably will know someone who can. Cool idea!

May 12, 2009, 01:40 AM

Thanks, I went to a jeweler last week amd they have made us two rings from the one spoon, and cheap! Only £15 each and totally our own design. I would recommend anyone to do the same.

J
    Clarizzy Posts: 26, Reputation: -2

May 16, 2009, 03:00 AM

Yes, they'll be able to do it for you.
    Rushed19 Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2009, 09:18 PM

Heck you! And what a great and inventive idea for a wedding, if you're just looking to make a ring without diamonds and such you could check out berkeley, ca. vendors I live near there and visit often and they make some awesome ones... if you live near there of course!
    snotbubble Posts: 70, Reputation: 3

Aug 19, 2009, 01:11 PM

You can go to etsy.com then click on custom then click add new request and type out what you want. Then artists bid to create what you want. You can communicate with each artist and they can tell you their vision. Then you choose who you want to make your ring.
    Shenoa Diamonds Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2009, 02:49 PM

Many local jewelry store with a jeweler on staff can melt the silver spoon and make it in to a ring design of your preference.

It's a pretty simply prcedure actually; silver melts very easily then they pour it in to a mold to make a plate out of it. Once the plate it formed then it easy to give it a shape.

Shenoa Diamonds
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 26, 2009, 12:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by snotbubble View Post
    you can go to etsy.com then click on custom then click add new request and type out what you want. then artists bid to create what you want. you can communicate with each artist and they can tell you their vision. then you choose who you want to make your ring.
    I'd like to add --

This is Etsy's "Alchemy" feature. I had a beautiful custom silver pendant made this way - and I paid the jeweler only $10 :D

Be careful, Etsy is addicting

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Antique silver tea spoon sevvice set [ 4 Answers ]

I need to know when and where this was made I know it was made in england but not the maker or town the markings on the back are E.P.N.S. made england and in the shield it has RAENO I'm not sure what this means can anyone help me please also if anyone knows what it my be worth that would be helpful...

Native American Silver Ring No Marks [ 11 Answers ]

I was told this ring was very old, does anyone know what tribe or the poss. Designer could be. Thanks http:/convert.neevia.com/completed.asp?cID=b5fe3247-1d66-444e-a6f8-f457a1922569 http://convert.neevia.com/completed.asp?cID=b5fe3247-1d66-444e-a6f8-f457a1922569

Lost wedding ring [ 5 Answers ]

My niece and her husband are separated, she and her 5 year old son are currently living with her grandmother in Memphis, Tennessee. She kept her wedding ring in a ring box in her underware drawer in the dresser. Her son said he had the ring out of the drawer, but put it back in the box and back...

Wedding ring got flushed. [ 1 Answers ]

Live in apartment building and curious if there is some sort of trap or something in the septic?? If I can try & get ring back or is it gone forever??

Flushed wedding ring. [ 1 Answers ]

Flushed wedding ring in an apartment building. Any clue if sceptic in these buildings has a trap or something? Miserable!!

View more questions Search