Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mamaloney Posts: 24, Reputation: 0

Oct 17, 2007, 11:55 AM
    Downhill bike
    I want to start downhilling, and I need a good beginner bike. Any suggestions?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 17, 2007, 11:59 AM
    Downhilling? You mean using a mountain bike?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2007, 12:00 PM
    Better than average front suspension. You can use a hardtail for downhilling.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 17, 2007, 12:23 PM
    Hmm I would think a hard tail would be an advantage in downhilling. Extra protection against falls :D

Nov 5, 2007, 06:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    hmm I would think a hard tail would be an advantage in downhilling. extra protection against falls :D
    I would only use a full suspension. When you take 10 foot drops on a hardtail, you seriously f@ck up the rear rim.

Nov 5, 2007, 06:04 PM
    I was thinking a Sunday world cup or a santa cruz v-10

Jan 18, 2008, 09:15 PM
    My, bad. Its not beginner dh, its beginner racing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What size bike [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a new rider, I'm 5'5'' weigh about 125 lbs and am a woman. What size bike should I be riding? Is a 125 (4 stroke) too small for my size? It feels more comfortable and easy to handle than a 230 or 250.

Does main outlet have to run downhill? [ 1 Answers ]

I just had a new septic tank and leachfield installed. The contractor moved the main outlet (the big pipe that goes through the cellar wall) up. It now exits the cellar 2 feet higher than where it used to exit. 2 days later, I have an odor in the kitchen. I'm worried that, by moving the outlet,...

Bike Riding [ 1 Answers ]

This past weekend I purchased a mountain bike. I want to start bike riding to loose weight and tone up my body between now and July. In addition to bike riding, I also work out at the health club 4 days a week cross training with cardio and weight training. Will this help me to loose weight? If...

Drugs = Downhill [ 3 Answers ]

My man Had a bad experience and becomes obsessed with it and the people Concerning it. He says he loves me and I believe him Loving him as well. I have been There for him for about 2months now, Trying to work out and understand what's going on. But he isn't ready for a relationship and gets...

View more questions Search