Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zapdmom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2010, 03:59 PM
    Doorwall awnings
    I live in an apartment on the top floor. I don't have the same protective overhang as others below me. I want to put up a vinyl or fabric awning to give me some protection from the rain and from the roofing debris which repeatedly falls on my balcony after every windy day and rain. Please help me.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2010, 09:57 PM

Before venturing into putting awning up, contact landlord and get permission in writing that it is OK.

Because of liability to both u and landlord, would have an awning company do the install if permission is granted.

Chuck
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2010, 02:34 PM

Stick with creahands advice and you can't go wrong...

Well covered Chuck...
    NateKerra Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2010, 07:53 AM
    I found out that when I tried to put up an awning in my last house, that the tree next to it and one time a bird would rip the fabric. Find a good strong Fabric when you put it up, if you need any help you can request some information about awnings here, http://www.1awnings.com/. Like they said, make sure it's okay with your landlord before you go do anything, they might even pay for some of it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing Exterior Doorway Awnings [ 2 Answers ]

I was thinking of installing an exterior doorway awning for my back door. (I'd like to use the screen door even when the weather is inclement). So how do these bolt on awnings attach to the house? http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/cheapawnings_1951_13934923 It appears they just have...

Retractable Awnings [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone installed or had one of these installed? I was thinking of having a 22' wide, 11' deep, retractable awnings installed. Looking for feedback, alternatives, hindsight. Thanks

View more questions Search