Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ludakris Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2005, 08:28 AM
    Tub drain to P trap
    Hey, I am replacing the tub in my bathroom, as well as much of the drain line. I am replacing the galvanized(?) pipe and drum trap with 2" PVC, a Vent, and a P-Trap.. my problem is how do i install the Tub drain to the P-trap. The tub drain assembly is 1 1/2" or so.. and the P-Trap is 2".. I got a PVC neck down and its still too large.. I don't have a lot of space to work with.. suggestions?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 28, 2005, 02:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ludakris
    hey, I am replacing the tub in my bathroom, as well as much of the drain line. I am replacing the galvanized(?) pipe and drum trap with 2" PVC, a Vent, and a P-Trap.. my problem is how do i install the Tub drain to the P-trap. The tub drain assembly is 1 1/2" or so.. and the P-Trap is 2".. I got a PVC neck down and its still too large.. I dont have alot of space to work with.. suggestions?

From the raiser off the 2" "P" trap you will glue on a 2" slip to 1 1/2" PVC compression fitting. That will get you where you're bound. Cheers, Tom
    ludakris Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2005, 12:11 PM
    OK, I will try that.. thanks, off to HD...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathroom sink drain trap [ 1 Answers ]

I've installed a new bathroom vanity. The drain line, which comes through the floor, not the wall, is in the exact center of the vanity; the drain from the sink is likewise centered. How do I install a trap given the two pipe are centered exactly above one another and are not offset? Do I even...

Offsetting a shower drain trap? [ 5 Answers ]

A friend is having a shower installed in a second floor bathroom, directly over a stairway landing. The floor joists are only 4" deep, such that a trap under the shower would protrude into the head space in the stairwell. The plumber gave two options: raise the shower floor four inches, such...

1930s basement floor drain w/out trap? [ 5 Answers ]

Have any of you ever seen a floor drain that doesn't have a trap in it? In our house half the basement is finished and the other half unfinished, both have floor drains in lowest part of the room. The one in the unfinished part always worked, albeit slowly, but recently stopped and when snaked...

Trap for washer drain [ 1 Answers ]

We have a bad smell behind our washer. After much research, I am beginning to think that it is coming from the washer drain pipe. Is it possible that it is sewer gas coming back up through the pipe? Do washer drain pipes have traps? We live on a slab. We have the wall ripped out behind the washer...

1-3/8" bottle trap drain connection? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello. I have a little problem. I'm remodeling my bathroom and am installing a basin sink. I recently purchased a chrome minimalist bottle trap from the UK. I believe it's a Hudson Reed. It's model number is EK302. Anyway, I've discovered that the drain pipe supplied with the trap that would go...

View more questions Search