Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    therinnaiguy Posts: 153, Reputation: 5

Nov 30, 2007, 01:28 PM
    Snowblower auger belt issue
    I just put on a new belt on the snowblower and now it flips over when engaging the auger and burns. What is wrong?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2007, 03:11 PM
    Wrong belt. Use only OEM belts.

There may be a chance that the belt you are using is slotted. This is not meant for friction clutches and it will burn and grab.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2007, 07:11 AM
    Kiss could be on to something here, let us know what you find.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cannot retrieve broken auger in basement trap [ 4 Answers ]

I broke about 3 ft. of 3/8 of an auger in basement floor 2" drain trap. I asked the local tool rental shop if they carried a retreival bit, but they didnt know what I was talking about. I looked in their bin of what was available, & didnt see it. Problem is, they were only available on a 1/4...

Which bits? Auger, carbide or spur-point? [ 2 Answers ]

Have been doing the research but really I'm getting more confused: I am dealing with the following project/prospects:(A) Drilling into really hard wood (South American 'Greenheart' and Purple Heart'). Tried using ordinary twist bits which I was assured would be adequate and the lumber simply...

Commercial sewer auger [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know how difficult it is to use a (rental) commercial sewer auger to clear a pipe that runs from the house (actually, from a clean-out installed when this was done several years ago by a professional "rotorooter") to the septic tank (which was pumped three weeks ago). I have had...

View more questions Search