Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nyuks3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2007, 11:00 AM
    Hair Coloring - Dying auburn hair with grey roots
    Any advice for dying already dyed auburn hair with massive grey roots. I heard that using an ash color will diminish the brassiness.
    cedwick Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2007, 07:19 AM
    Unless you still want lots of grey, don't use ash! Do you want to cover grey? I am guessing you do. I would keep your nice auburn hue as a base, which is great for fall color, but just get your roots touched up with a matching color. Keep your base a little darker than what you would like and it should stay grey-free for longer. I recommend you see a stylist, to do that perfect base of auburn, or you can use a demi-perm if you cannot afford it, but do a good job. Then when you have faded to that perfect shade, I would some kind of gold highlights. This mights give you two different looks only within a month. My base was just dark brown, but from cool red highlights, it kind of faded to a light-medium coolish brown color, then I simply replaced the highlights I had for dark golden blonde. I have occasional grey, but gold is the best for concealing this. When it comes to avoiding grey, nothing comes close to beating Gold.
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Oct 31, 2007, 11:45 AM
    It depends how much grey hairs you have. Let's say for an instance you have 50% grey and 50& natural. You would need to mix two shades together to get the targeted result. So you would need to tubes of tint (both different shades) It is difficult to explain. But I definitely recommend you get it done at a salon. Doing it at home can create disastrous results. Lol.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grey hair? [ 6 Answers ]

I decided that I was sick of having roots show so I wanted to dye my bleached blonde hair to the color at my roots (dusty blonde). I can't afford to go to a color stylist at the moment but I figured since I'd be going darker (and matching to my scalp color) it'd be an easy process. I chose the...

How to get rid of my grey hair? [ 5 Answers ]

I am 31 years old. I have grey hair. I don't want to colour my hair as it contains chemicals. I want to know if they are any ways to get rid of the grey hair.

How can I lighten my dyed dark auburn hair? [ 1 Answers ]

My hair was dyed at the salon but turned out really dark auburn. I wanted light brown. It has been two weeks. I tried washing it with dawn dish soap but nothing happened. Any suggestions?

How do I get red of medium auburn hair color [ 1 Answers ]

hey, My real hair color is medium brown.Well i thought i'd change it up a bit .so i went to the hairdresser lady and asked folightbrown hair with dark blnde highlights.:) it turned out pretty on the bottom tips of my hair but on my roots and top of my hair it wus giving of a medum/light auburn...

I want my grey hair back! [ 1 Answers ]

Hello,I am a 47 year young man and recently decided to dye my hair.My hair was a silver/grey and I went with a medium/dark brown.Also did the Just for Men beard color and am having allergic reactions to that after using it several times.What can I do to get my grey back without having to spend an...

View more questions Search