Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MJGreve Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2006, 03:15 PM
    Bluetooth dongle??
    Are bluetooth dongles specific to particular devices or is any dongle compatible with anybluetooth device?
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2006, 02:29 AM
    Bluetooth is an industry standard so all bluetooth devices should be able to connect to each other. So I would say that any Bluetooth dongle could connect to any Bluetooth device.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 14, 2006, 06:54 AM
    For the most part this is true, but some bluetooth devices are specific to the device it will connect to. For example, I have an iPaq RX3115 with built in Bluetooth and a had a set of bluetooh headphones. I also have a D-Link Bluetooh dongle for my laptop.

The headphoines would only work with the iPaq. However I was able to get my GPS receivers to work both with the iPaq and the laptop.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet via bluetooth [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there I have a motorola v550 with bluetooth+bluetooth dongle+desktop PC Running on winxp. Guys I need to connect to the Internet that I'm using on the v550. Ialso have opera9 loaded on my PC. In idiots terms How do I do it. Thanks Guys

Bluetooth not working [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I got a bluetooth but when I insert it in my usb jac it need a driver but my operating system hasn't got the driver for that usb bluetooth . I am running windows xp and I don't have any driver cd with the bluetooth. Please help

View more questions Search