Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kenshapiro2002 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2009, 04:06 PM
    Paper Won't Go Down First Time
    One of my toiets seems reluctant to take down a simple piece of toilet paper after my daughter pees. Why is that? It seems to flush strongly and not back up at all. Then again, it did overflow one day last week, which is why I'm asking. I plunger it and it seems fine, but still refuses to flush down even four sheets of toilet paper some times.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 5, 2009, 04:15 PM

Are you sure your daughter has only been putting toilet paper down the toilet? Mine does this too and It has never been a problem. If it is one small sheet of toilet paper then it is defying gravity mainly.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 5, 2009, 04:22 PM
    Are you on a septic system? Is it rainy where you are right now? This happens to my lower bathroom every winter during the rainy season.

Jan 5, 2009, 08:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Are you on a septic system? Is it rainy where you are right now? This happens to my lower bathroom every winter during the rainy season.
    No septic. Maybe it's magic paper.
    Ken
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 6, 2009, 07:20 AM
    I have one that most repair plumbers miss.. Look down at the bottom of the bowl. If there is a small hole, then that is a jet that starts the syphon action. If it's clogged the water will just swirl around and slowly go down leaving solids behind. Take your finger,(UGH! ) and run it around the inside of the opening. Over the years minerals build up and cut down on the syphon (flush) action. If it is rough or you feel build up, take a table knife and put a bend in it to get around the curve in the bowl and chip and scrap it clear. Next take a coathanger and clear out the holes around the rim. They start the swirling action. And last, check the water level in the tank. It should be 1/2" below the top of the over flow tube. And speaking of the overflow tube, Make sure the small 1/8" tube from the ballcock to the white overflow tube is connected so it discharges in it and that it's flowing when the ballcock fills. This is what raises the water level in the bowl. For a good solid flush they all have to work together. Hope this helps and thank you for rating my reply.. Tom

Jan 6, 2009, 08:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1 View Post
    I have one that most repair plumbers miss.. Look down at the bottom of the bowl. If there is a small hole, then that is a jet that starts the syphon action. If it's clogged the water will just swirl around and slowly go down leaving solids behind. Take your finger,(UGH!!) and run it around the inside of the opening. Over the years minerals build up and cut down on the syphon (flush) action. If it is rough or you feel build up, take a table knife and put a bend in it to get around the curve in the bowl and chip and scrap it clear. Next take a coathanger and clear out the holes around the rim. They start the swirling action. And last, check the water level in the tank. It should be 1/2" below the top of the over flow tube. And speaking of the overflow tube, Make sure the small 1/8" tube from the ballcock to the white overflow tube is connected so it discharges in it and that it's flowing when the ballcock fills. This is what raises the water level in the bowl. For a good solid flush they all have to work together. Hope this helps and thank you for rating my reply.. Tom
    Thanks... off to get dirty.
    Ken

Tom;

Yer my hero of the day. Just finished and it's like a new toilet. Thanks again.
    Ken
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 7, 2009, 04:18 AM
    Glad you got all fixed upo Ken. If we can ever be of service in the future we're as close as a click. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

LexmarkX6570 Paper jam display with no paper jam [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I cannot get the paper jam error to clear - I have unplugged the printer, rebooted by laptop and still the error keeps appearing. There is no paper in the machine and the path is clear of any paper. Any assistance would be very helpful! Thank you.

Canon MP600 says no paper when there is paper [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying tp print from Canon MP600 but get message "there is no paper. load paper and press OK" There is paper in feeder - any idea of what solution might be ? Thanks

Ph paper? [ 7 Answers ]

I am within days of being 40 weeks pregnant. I do not want to run to the doctor every time I think my water might have broken. I have been I once because of my wetness and also asked about it once at an appointment. Both times I tested negative on the pH paper. The doctor has told me some women...

Paper jam [ 1 Answers ]

I have a hp deskjet d1320. I was printing,and all of a sudden it said paper jam.I looked and there is not a paper jam.. how do I get my printer to unjam or to work?

View more questions Search