Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jackinthebox Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2007, 11:22 AM
    Military Contracts
    If an individual is in the middle of a contract with one branch of service in the military is there anyway they can switch to another brach and serve the remainder of the contract with that different branch. If not is there a way to legally terminate one military contract to engage in a new one with a different brach of military service.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2007, 06:08 AM
    Hello jack:

You'll probably have to wait until your current contract is fulfilled. However, ask.

excon
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Apr 30, 2007, 06:40 AM
    Yeah, ask your administrative staff! It will all depend on what you've agreed to in your contract and if your contract is to stay in the military on a whole, or just your branch of the military!
    Auttajasi Posts: 107, Reputation: 27

Apr 30, 2007, 08:51 AM
    I have numerous friends who have done lateral transfers in the military. They have to be approved by your chain of command though. They are not guaranteed. It will depend on whether your unit is stretched or overstaffed. It will also depend on any pending deployments. Also, a transfer will be much more likely to happen if you will be receiving a commission in the other branch. This happened for one friend DURING a pending deployment. Good Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lease to purchase contracts [ 1 Answers ]

Lessor states on contract that she is responsible for insurance, comes back 2 weeks later to say we need to get insurance on a lease to purchase!! Can you even get insurance on a lease to purchase property?

Baseball contracts [ 2 Answers ]

I am needing to know if a baseball player can sign a major league contract for any time frame including less than a year? Is there any rule, policy, etc. against his doing so?

No contracts.. [ 4 Answers ]

My workplace is just getting quieter and queter. The boss has already got rid of someone as he isn't making enough money to cover his wages. He cut this guys wages, so he left. He was bascially trying to get rid of him. A lot of people are leaving and now there are only a few of us left. What...

Land Contracts [ 4 Answers ]

I have been trying to sell my house for six months now. My realtor's agreement is about to expire, so I thought of listing the property myself as I can sell it for less without the realtor fee. I was considering to advertise it with a land contract to attract more prospective buyers. I...

Apartment contracts [ 10 Answers ]

We have lived in our apartment for 27 years. We have new owners and they want us to sign a new contract. The contract states that we will be financially responsible for all repairs due to the apartment and if repairs are not made that they have the right to take personal possessions from your...

View more questions Search