Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    helpmefix Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2007, 12:41 PM
    Orignl NeptuneDryer Longer to Dry
    We have 1998 Neptune Dryer Model MD3000. Recently, the clothes take 1-1/2hrs or more to dry and there are some damp spots on the heavier clothes at end of cycle and the clothes used to be very very warm at end of cycle where my kids used to jump into them to feel the heat, now they are about room temp. at end of cycle. We replaced short 10ft. Ductwork with new solid 4" as before (easier to replace than to clean), all seams very well sealed, goes through crawlspace out exterior. Cleaned accordion duct at back of dryer to wall, looked into the back of dryer duct and see no clogs, cleaned the lint trap deep with an extended vacuum nozzle, cleaned the sensor bars with alcohol. There is so much steam and drips of water that comes out the exterior flaps outside that it was being drawn back into the crawlspace and condensating on the floorboards in the crawlspace, so we had to close off 2 feet of crawlspace vent under the exterior dryer vent to stop that. Flaps open as expected. The moisture monitor top light flickers then as it advanced flickers less, then only bottom light stays on until the cool down. The top light used to flicker longer, now seems to advance to less flickering much more quick than before the problem. We do not do our own repairs, is it worth spending $125 plus parts to fix or should we dump it. If we should dump it, can you recommend a reliablem, hot, short dry time, with not much condensation dryer?
    helpmefix Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2007, 02:13 PM
    Does anybody have an answer for me? Do these dryers have more than one heating element? Could it possibly be an element out?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag Dryer does not dry in Auto Dry mode [ 23 Answers ]

My Maytag dryer works well in the Timed Dry mode but in the Auto Dry mode it runs forever and does not dry well. In the Timed Dry mode it produces plenty of heat and works fine. What is happening in the Auto Dry mode that does not make the heat properly get to a level that allows the clothes to...

Ticket for a vehicle that I no longer own [ 11 Answers ]

I live in the state of NY and I recently received 4 parking totaling to the amount of $625. The ticket was a computerized stub that just had the following information: violation (Here are the following violations on the ticket: 1. Improper plates 2. unregistered vehicle 3. no front plate 4. no...

Switch no longer works [ 1 Answers ]

We had two light switches that were in two separate rooms but controlled the kitchen overhead lights. About two years ago, I disconnected one of the switches. Last night, the switch that was left operational, stopped working for no apparent reason. I tested it and it no longer has power. The...

Is there anything I can do to last longer? [ 7 Answers ]

I need some help but I don't know if anyone can help on on this. Mabye just a tip or something. My girlfriend and I have been dating for a while and we have just started to have sex. And ever time I start to get her going I cum. Is there anything I can do to last longer and make the sex amazing...

Should I pay for a ticket that I no longer own? [ 3 Answers ]

I live in the state of NY and I recently received 4 parking totaling to the amount of $625. The ticket was a computerized stub that just had the following information: violation (Here are the following violations on the ticket: 1. Improper plates 2. unregistered vehicle 3. no front plate 4. no...

View more questions Search