Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frew1965 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2007, 05:22 AM
    House history
    Hi my name is gary I am trying to find out is there is a free site I can find out about the history of my house
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2007, 06:03 AM
    Hello frew:

Try your county abstract department. It's only going to tell you who bought your house, how much they paid, and when they did it. It's not going to tell you if your house is haunted.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 22, 2007, 06:08 AM
    Whether there is a free web site or not depends on your county. Some counties have digitized their deed registration archives, but not all. So contact your county clerk about it.

You can also try googling your address.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 22, 2007, 06:15 AM
    Yes, the only history on your home will be that of the deeds at the county court house, Those would have ( or should have ) been reviewed by someone prior to you buying the home.

If you are looking for insurance claims, or other history, this is not really available
    AlanKinNA Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2007, 06:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by frew1965
    hi my name is gary i am trying to find out is there is a free site i can find out about the history of my house
    Why not "go local," look for and meet neighbors you see outdoors. Would there be some long-time residents who might tell you about your home's former owners? If you performed a home inspection prior to your home's purchase (or if you can access the bank's inspection report) that would be a good place to look. Hope that helps. AK
    jaynen76 Posts: 18, Reputation: 5

Mar 25, 2007, 05:39 PM
    If you're looking to refinance soon, I would talk to any mortgage broker and ask him to get a prilim from a title company, if you're looking to sell, talk to a REALTOR®; if you're not looking to do either I would ask a friend in either of those professions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

History on a house [ 4 Answers ]

When was a house built and what happened in that house

History of my house [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone no a web site to find the history of my house??

Checking the history if the history has been deleted [ 3 Answers ]

I want to know all the sites my family has been visiting on the web. How do I check that if the history has been erased/deleted? Thanks in advance.

History [ 2 Answers ]

Nezahualcoyolt was considered an outstanding leader for all of the following except:

View more questions Search