Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cadet256 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2004, 04:23 PM
    Hampton bay ceiling fan remote
    We have missplaced our remote for ceiling fan. Fan will not work. Have another remote for other fan but will not work on this fan. Can I secure a remote that will work fan? Please help

Hot in bed
    waterkc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2005, 09:10 AM
    The site for your needs
    I found a great place on the web for this stuff. I am getting ready to order a remote relay for mine unit that has gone bad. The site has pics of the remotes so it makes a little easier also. I wish they had the part or model #'s with them but I have not seen that yet. Lots of stuff though, good luck.

http://www.eceilingfans.com/
    Gretch Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Dec 6, 2005, 01:48 PM
    I know it's been a while, but you can rewire the fan so it works with the switch instead of the remote... I just installed one last week...

Good luck HIB
    Matchoo1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2007, 07:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cadet256
    We have missplaced our remote for ceiling fan. Fan will not work. Have another remote for other fan but will not work on this fan. Can I secure a remote that will work fan? Please help

Hot in bed
    There is a "dip switch" on nearly all fan remote units, much like a garage door opener has. To keep all the fans in your home from operating at one time, each fan needs a separate "code". To use your other remote, you need to locate the receiver unit in the fan, usually in the "canopy". This is the bowl looking piece against the ceiling. Then note the "code" which is the position of the switches. For instance, most have a block with 4 switches, and if the first is "on", and the remaining are "off", that is it's set code. This "code" can be changed to any combination of "on , off" that you like. BUT, you must also open the remote control and set it's switch to the same "Code", or order of "on off" as your Fan receiver. (Usually the control "Dip switch" is in the battery compartment.

Hope this does it

Matt
    stormjfs Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2007, 09:29 AM
    Hampton Bay remote code. Serial 20432
    stormjfs Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2007, 09:31 AM
    My remote for my Hampton bay fan works but not the light kit
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2008, 09:54 AM
    To both posters: Does your fan have pullchains?

To the original poster: You can purchase a replacement remote from Hampton Bay, or purchase a Universal remote from many locations. OR set the dip switches on both of your fans to match the same remote, and use the same remote to control both fans. See:

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More

To the second poster with a question, first of all have you checked your bulb? Also see the troubleshooting instructions in our FAQ.
    blastedff Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2009, 09:54 AM

There are only 16 possible permutations for the remote and receiver. It is easier to try each than to open up the fan and reset the receiver.

melanie beck Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2009, 06:52 PM
    Matt, you are awesome. I just totally fixed my fan. I had the same issue as "hot in bed". I've been without a working remote for 3 years!! Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Matchoo1 View Post
    There is a "dip switch" on nearly all fan remote units, much like a garage door opener has. To keep all the fans in your home from operating at one time, each fan needs a seperate "code". To use your other remote, you need to locate the receiver unit in the fan, usually in the "canopy". This is the bowl looking piece against the ceiling. then note the "code" which is the position of the switches. For instance, most have a block with 4 switches, and if the first is "on", and the remaining are "off", that is it's set code. This "code" can be changed to any combination of "on , off" that you like. BUT, you must also open the remote control and set it's switch to the exact same "Code", or order of "on off" as your Fan receiver. (Usually the control "Dip switch" is in the battery compartment.

Hope this does it

Matt
    radiotvguy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2009, 02:04 PM
    blastedff had the best idea. I tried the combo of 16 possible codes and found my code to be 0111. I didn't have
    To take the fan apart to get my remote to work. Thanks blastedff!
    kobeapjadyn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2010, 02:53 PM
    The lights on the fan will not turn off, my fan has a remote and the remote works well with the fan. Please tell me what I need to do for the light to switch off.
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2010, 12:05 AM

Did it used to work?

Kichler, Hampton Bay, and Casablanca ceiling fans - Ceiling Fans N More
    mamalu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2010, 02:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by blastedff View Post
    There are only 16 possible permutations for the remote and receiver. It is easier to try each than to open up the fan and reset the receiver.

I LOVE you!! ;) Moved into new house last July. Finally got a replacement remote for bedroom fan (10 months later!) and can now say goodbye the noisy box fan my boyfriend insists on running every night. Thank you thank you thank you for the info!
    Aspiring Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2010, 02:43 PM
    I hope someone here can help me! I bought a brand new Hampton Bay fan at Home Depot. It came with a remote and I was told upon install that it will ONLY work with the remote, not a wall switch (this was not optimal for me). I wanted both!

My remote has NEVER worked properly. All dip switches were set to UP or I guess the "0000" position? Regardless, Every time I have to make a change, turn the light on or reduce or increase the fan speed, I have to take the battery out, flip the dip switches and try again. Sometimes it takes several tries. The red indicator light is working so I know I have battery power.

The fan is a year old.

Can anyone help?
    Thank you!
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2010, 12:53 AM

Have you checked the dip switches in the fan?

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More
    Aspiring Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2010, 02:20 AM

After a call to Hampton Bay Tech Support via Home Depot, I was able to obtain a new receiver and remote set out of a new box from my local Home Depot. All is good. Thanks!
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2010, 03:33 PM

Glad you got it working.
    wkchester1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2010, 05:53 PM
    Comment on blastedff's post
    OUTSTANDING suggestion. It worked! Thank you for saving me the trouble of having to remove the fan housing. WHEW!! Dodged a bullet on that one!! Thanks again
    tricia56 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2010, 01:29 PM
    I have a hampton bay caswyck 54" ceiling fan I need 2 remotes
    cdk041 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2010, 09:05 AM
    Where is code switch on remote itself ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Remote [ 5 Answers ]

I have two Hampton Bay Ceiling Fans in my office that works off the remote the problem is the remote will work one fan just fine but it doesn't work the other fan at all please help

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Remote [ 3 Answers ]

I installed a Hunter ceiling fan with a Hampton Bay remote. The remote controls the fan correctly. The light works when pulling the chain but does not work from the remote. I wired the blue wire from the remote to the black/white striped wire from the fan. Any suggestions?

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Remote [ 3 Answers ]

I purchased 4 Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan with Remotes when I had my home rewired last winter. All of the fans work well and the remotes are excellent. They allow for remote control of the fan and light as well as containing a thermostat to control the fan. I have two of the fans installed...

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan W/remote [ 1 Answers ]

How do I switch wind direction?

Hampton bay remote control ceiling fan [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Windward II 54” ceiling fan and fluorescent lamp with remote control. I replaced the original fluorescent circline lamp with a new one. Now the light won’t turn won’t stay on or dim and the fan operates properly. Any ideas?

View more questions Search