Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kaushikmsk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2006, 09:49 AM
    Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan remote light issues
    Hello,
    I just recently purchased a Hampton Bay 54' sidewinder ceiling fan/light from homedepot.com, and had it installed by a general contractor. The wall remote functioned perfectly until yesterday.
    While we were trying to dim the lights yesterday, we noticed some flickering, then the light went to full bright, and turned completely off. The wall remote still operates the fan but the light does not turn on at all. The red LED light on the wall remote lights up when the light switch is pressed.
    I spoke with Hampton Bay support, and they told me that in order to troubleshoot, we would have to direct wire the fan and bypass the receiver.
    After reading some of the other posts on similar subjects, can I assume that the bulb or the light receiver has shorted?

I would imagine that returning this fan will be a pain since it was purchased online. Should I simply ask Hampton Bay to send another receiver?

I appreciate any feedback on this.

Thanks,
    Kaushik
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2006, 10:56 AM
    I would return the fan to the Home Depot store nearest you and insist on an exchange. I am fairly certain it is a bad receiver. If you can get Hampton Bay to send you a new receiver for free, great, but they will probably try and charge you.
    bhayne Posts: 339, Reputation: 4

Nov 3, 2006, 11:11 AM
    My post is not to be facetious... but you did check for a burnt out lightbulb (if there is only one)?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2006, 11:16 AM
    Very good point BHayne, when I saw 'bulb' in the post I assumed they had checked it, now that I read over the post, it was listed as a possible problem. Check the bulb before anything else.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton bay ceiling fan remote [ 26 Answers ]

We have missplaced our remote for ceiling fan. Fan will not work. Have another remote for other fan but will not work on this fan. Can I secure a remote that will work fan? Please help Hot in bed

Hampton Bay Remote Ceiling Fan - light works - no fan [ 2 Answers ]

After about 4 months of use, this began to happen. I would try to turn on the fan (either Low Med or High) and the fan would barely turn. Sometimes it would work - this lasted for about 5 days. Since then, if you try to turn on the fan, you get no response. Now, the light will still turn on...

Hampton Bay Fan Light/Fan Remote Problem [ 16 Answers ]

Hello, we have a Hampton Bay fan and my son dropped the remote and it stopped working. I changed the batteries and that didn't work. Now I asked someone at Home Depot what I needed to do. They instructed me to buy a new remote kit... I did however it came with a little grey box with 3 cords...

Hampton Bay Fan Light Remote Problems [ 8 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Redington II Pinnacle Fan with light kit. It was installed a few years ago, and the fan works fine, but the light has never worked with the remote. The store replaced the remote, but this one doesn't work either. We can turn the light on and off with the wall switch, but...

Hampton Bay Thermostatic Ceiling Fan and Light Remote Control [ 2 Answers ]

We bought a Thermostatic Celing Fan and Light Remote Control to go along with a Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan. The fan works great, but when we try to hook up the remote it no longer works. The remote came with no instructions. I am wondering if anyone knows how to install it, or where I can find the...

View more questions Search