Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    irishcatnipgirl Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Jul 15, 2009, 08:02 AM
    I can't ride a bike very well.
    I'm a 44-year old female who's always been thin, but now needs to lose weight. I've never been able to ride a bike very far - even when I was little. Now I've just gotten the bike of my dreams for my birthday and want to ride with my husband. He can just go and go. He's even done the Hilly 100 in Indiana before, so I'm WAY out of my league. We just went on a 1-1.5 mile ride the other night through a nearby neighborhood and I was BEAT! What is wrong with me?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2009, 08:07 AM

Well, it may be nothing at all, just that you're a little out of shape, or your leg muscles may need to develop more. Can you run OK? How about swim? If you're healthy otherwise (have no significant health issues), then try to get back on that bike and just keep riding every other day or so, and see if you improve.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2009, 08:39 AM
    Keep riding, you'll build your stamina. Pretty soon you'll be going 5 miles.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2009, 08:47 AM

Practice practice practice..

Once your fitness level comes up you will feel great!

Good for you for being proactive and getting healthy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

70's ride on toy (square like ride on toy) [ 2 Answers ]

Looking for square like 70's ride on toy orange or red that had 6 wheels 3 on each side the rider sat in the middle and moved ride on toy by handles which moved in circle motion. Both hands were used to move this toy?

In for a ride? [ 3 Answers ]

Okay, so hears my story This may sound stupid and childish.. but for eh, three years? I have been BEST friends with everyone in the grade above me. I practically forget my real grade, I am ALWAYS with them.. and consider myself in the grade above me. I have not one friend in my own grade, me and...

View more questions Search