Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    windy blade Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2008, 12:56 PM
    Aqarium cycle
    Just wondered if someone can help me just setting up a new aqarium I plan to keep mawali cichlids tank as been up and running now for seven days. Asked my local fish keeper how to start the cycle he gave me some fish waste from one of is sponge filter he said pour it in the tank and the cycle will start he said I could add fish straight away but thought no id let it settle so I pourd the fish waste in to the tank yesterday.I did a nitrite test and the nitrite is sky high any ideas what I should do next just wait for it to go down or just keep doing water changes the aqarium man said don't do any water changes for six weeks so should I just wait for it to go down on its own if so how long should this take should I put some hardy fish in the tank please help many thanks dave
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2008, 11:06 PM
    I'm sorry I missed this question until now.
    How is the situation with your aquarium going?
    Please post back if you have any questions or concerns that I might be able to help you with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Aquarium Cycle: The Nitrogen Cycle [ 7 Answers ]

Have you ever wondered what it really means for your aquarium to be "cycled"? This is referring to natures Nitrogen Cycle. Here is a quick break down for a better understanding: The Nitrogen Cycle is natures way of purifying itself. It is the process in which nature creates beneficial...

In Plants: Light Cycle vs Dark Cycle vs Calvin Cycle vs Cellular Respiration? [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone explain to me the difference between these? I am trying to write a lab report and have no idea what I'm writing about.

Fan cycle [ 1 Answers ]

On the thermostat in the heat mode on auto furnace flames on fan does not blow, switch fan switch from auto to fan on it moves heat through the vents

View more questions Search