Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lovebug1618 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2010, 01:33 PM
    Is it illegal to date a 18 year old when your 13 years old?
    We aren't really together together yet and he just turned 18. We are trying to figure out if its legal or not. We really like each other and have for a while.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 23, 2010, 01:36 PM
    Legal possibly, advisable defiantly NOT!!
    At 18 they would be classed as an ADULT and as such could end up in serious trouble dating a MINOR!!
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2010, 05:22 PM

What State or Country are you in? Any 18 year old guy who is interested in a 13 year old girl is a sexual predator and even though you may not have had sex he will talk you into it. Then he will go to jail and you will end up with a child or a disease or both. Trust me, he will go to Jail if you pursue this.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 23, 2010, 05:28 PM

There are no laws governing dating, the laws refer to sexual activity. But I can't imagine an 18 yr old being interested in a 13 yr old for anything but sex.

Have you asked your parents? Because if they don't allow it he can get in trouble by defying their wishes.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2010, 07:03 PM

Love bug... I am not a Lawyer but I am a Mother. You are 13 years old and interested in an 18 year old. You are a child. Your body is still changing everyday. You are not emotionally equipped right now to make such a decision about something that is so important.

What do you have in common with him? You're in Middle School and he is either in High School or College. He has experience with older girls, you do not. You are taking a chance of ruining your life and his if you pursue this.

If you plan on going to High School and College one mistake can change all that. You also stand the chance of getting a bad reputation. Girls and boys talk among themeselves and don't think they won't say something.. They will.

When your parents find out, your Dad or Mom will be furious and they will take action. Your boyfriend stands the chance of
    Being confronted by your Dad or Mom.

Think about this before you go any further.
    fml666 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2010, 05:34 PM

I feel just like you LoveBug. Im 12 and I am dating (sorta) and 17 year old and we don't want to do anything sexual together because we both know that's wrong. He knows better to try to talk me into having sex because he knows if he does we will never speak to each other again. HE doesn't force me to do anything I don't want to do.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 18, 2010, 06:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by fml666 View Post
    I feel just like you LoveBug. Im 12 and I am dating (sorta) and 17 year old and we dont wanna do anything sexual together because we both know thats wrong. He knows better to try to talk me into having sex because he knows if he does we will never speak to eachother again. HE doesnt force me to do anything I dont wanna do.
    And how long have you been "sorta" dating this boy? Do your parents know about this sort of dating?
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Oct 18, 2010, 06:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    And how long have you been "sorta" dating this boy? Do your parents know about this sorta dating?
    Scott,

Her parents know, and she claims that Mother is OK with it, not her Father.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

If you are 13 is it illegal to date a 21 year old [ 16 Answers ]

See I was 13 and I dated a guy who was 21 and we are still together and I'm 15 and he's 22 and I need to know if it is illegal.

Is it illegal in canada to date a 19 year old when your 14? [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Ontario and I was just wondering , if it's illegal for a 14 almost 15 year old girl to be dating a just turned 19 year old guy?

If I am 17 is it illegal for me to date a 21 year old? [ 5 Answers ]

If I am 17 about to be 18 in 4 months is it illegal for me to date a 21 year old?

Is it illegal to date a 17 year old when I just turned 21 [ 3 Answers ]

I really like this girl and she's 17, she likes me and I like her but the only problem is I don't know if its legal, I just turned 21 and I live in the state of PA

View more questions Search