Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mpenman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2010, 06:03 AM
    Daughter dating man for 6 mo as a grandmother witnessing abuse what I do
    Daughter dating man 6 mo and when I confronted about way he's been talking/treating 9 yr old grandson and 5 yr granddaughter daughter says because she didn't discipline enough they need strong discipline verbal abuse/hitting grandson in head because he found 5 yrs sisters Easter basket. Need to takes steps to help my grandchildren which are fearful of this man and daughter in denial.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2010, 06:28 AM

Contact Children's Services and discuss this situation with them. Most child protective services these days are out of money but if his hitting them continues and he leaves bruises or other marks you can call the police and report this physical abuse. Sometimes mothers/women are so wrapped up in having a man in the house they easily overlook a lot of faults in the men. In this case you are correct in wanting this abuse and potentially more and harsher abuse to stop now.

Don't be afraid to contact the authorities. After all, they ARE your grandchildren! Your daughter will get over it eventually but in the meantime the children will be spared the abuse from this man.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need help with a 16 year old daughter dating a 22 year old man [ 44 Answers ]

My 16 year old daughter is dating a 22 year old man he lives next door and he is a bum he has no job and doesn't even leave his house only to sign on to get his benefits she was dating him when she was 15 and I thought I put a stop to it and as soon as she went 16 in April this year they got back...

Aunt and Grandmother enabling my daughter [ 6 Answers ]

I have a daughter who lives with me and she is 23 years old. She had a 1.5 pound baby two years ago. I was there for my daughter through everything. I also stayed at the hopital for 3 months during my granddaugher recovery. Background about my daughter: She has not had a job in 3 years and has...

Custodial grandmother being harassed by daughter for custody [ 1 Answers ]

I have had legal temporary custody of my two grandchildren for over 3 1/2 years, and they were living with me for almost a year prior to that without any paperwork. DFAC in Toombs Co GA placed them in my care for almost a year before I received custody which was a temporary order because the mother...

Disrespectful 27 old daughter and grandmother [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 27 year old daughter that is bipolar, still in college and 2 kids. Her father and I divorced when she was 5. Her father was an alcoholic and died when she was 15 due to liver complications. I have been the only constant in her life besides my parents. I have tried to raise her and...

Mother/Daughter conflict over sick grandmother [ 4 Answers ]

My grandmother was recently diagnosed with a terminal illness. My mother who is not handling it well at all, continues to deny that she is going to die and behaves as if everything is going to be OK. In doing so, she continues to call me for every little, umimportant thing (not relative to her...

View more questions Search