Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    patrick7196 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2015, 11:51 PM
    I spilled drain cleaner on my foot and it burns. I washed it off with water as quickl
    I spilled drain cleaner on my foot and it burns. I washed it off with water as quickly as I could and now I have it wrapped in a clean towel. Is there anything else I can do?
    Sean999 Posts: 117, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2015, 12:21 AM
    If you still feel hot or pain, how about taking a little amount of toothpaste to apply?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 21, 2015, 02:25 AM
    Yes, you probably have a serious burn. Go to the ER and have it taken care of.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 21, 2015, 02:34 AM
    Go to the ER now. This is a chemical burn and will continue to burn the tissue under your skin without proper treatment.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 21, 2015, 04:09 AM
    If you are still having pain, the burn can be serious, and the chemical, if not washed "at once" not as soon as you could, can get into the layers of skin and not merely wash off.

I would advise a trip to the ER on this one, esp if there is still pain at this point.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 21, 2015, 08:15 AM
    Chemical burns are nothing to play with and you should get immediate medical attention.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2015, 08:46 AM
    I agree,ER... I've seen both Acidic as well as alkaline drain cleaners. Both are very strong and will cause problems really quick. Each one would require a different means to neutralize... but both require proper treatment once injury has occurred.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 21, 2015, 11:35 AM
    Wet your foot, apply baking soda, do not wrap and go to the ER.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does drain cleaner really dissolve hair and grease from bathroom drain? [ 16 Answers ]

HI, Went to home depot yesterday and found various chemicals available claiming hair and grease dissolve, was curious if those really works? Or to have drain cleaned? I have no clogs yet but just feeling that water goes really slowly and also have lot of hair falling. Thanks

How much to have a 52 foot trailer and tractor (big rig)washed [ 1 Answers ]

How much to have a 52 foot trailer and tractor (big rig)washed

Wash basin below new 50 foot drain line will sump do he job its for water not waste [ 3 Answers ]

Have to run drain line 70 feet away from main stack do I need a additonall vent in drain line or will at the wash basin be enough,water will be pumped up 15 feet to drain line

Laptop gets water spilled on it is it fried forever? [ 13 Answers ]

Yesterday my daughter got water on the top of her laptop. When she went to turn it on the screen came on and off. Turned the computer off, dried it with a hair dryer, when she went to turn it on she said she heard a sizzle. It is dead or can it be resurrected?

Spilled water on my dell Laptop. [ 3 Answers ]

So I accidentally spilled a glass of water onto my Dell Laptop, and after letting it dry, I can turn it on and do anything as long as it doesn't involve typing. No key works. Is this something that can be replaced? Or do I need to buy a new computer?? :confused:

View more questions Search