Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rsauv Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2007, 06:06 PM
    Healthcare Law
    Does a patient have the legal right to view their chart while in the hospital if they request it?

Thanks in advance.
    mjl Posts: 486, Reputation: 26

Dec 10, 2007, 06:16 PM
    That depends on where you live.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 10, 2007, 06:17 PM
    Any of our clients can view their healthcare information anytime they want. I wasn't aware there was any law against viewing your own information in the hospital or otherwise. I would say that yes, you can ask to see your own information.
    rsauv Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2007, 06:51 PM
    We live in Houston Texas, but my Father is having surgey in Denver Colorado.
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2007, 08:02 PM
    The patient can generally view his own records. There may be special forms you need to fill out, in order to convince the hospital that you are actually the patient, etc. If you are interested in finding out more, Google the hospital that your dad's going to be in, and see if they have a "Medical Records" link. That should spell out what you have to do to get your records. Just as a note, they may charge your dad to make a copy, and depending on what he's going in for, the records can be quite large. So it might help to limit your request to a specific issue (lab reports, or operative notes, for example), if that's what you are concerned about.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2007, 07:12 AM
    Hello r:

If they didn't show you your records, I'd walk out. What?? You have to pay these people to treat you so shabbily?? Not in MY lifetime.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Healthcare versus non healthcare business planss [ 1 Answers ]

What is important in a healthcare business plan that is not ordinarily included in a non-healthcare plan?

No Healthcare? [ 54 Answers ]

What percentage of Americans are without healthcare?

Universal Healthcare? [ 1 Answers ]

I posted this here because it effects us all and is a big election issue. While the current US healthcare system is far from perfect, is Universal Healthcare the answer? BBC NEWS | Health | UK 'has worst cancer record' Pacific Research Institute • Publications • Michael Moore...

Healthcare management [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I want to do a distance learning course in Healthcare & Hospital Management, from an US, UK or Australian University; please let me know who provides such courses, what are the admission terms and fee structure?

View more questions Search